Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- The Senior Staff Attorney/Senior Attorney is responsible for providing advice, legal counsel, and regulatory services for Con Edison (Company), including assisting in the representation of the Company in state and federal regulatory and administrative proceedings and judicial matters, preparation of legal documents as needed; and providing advice and legal counsel to the Company's internal clients.
- At Con Edison we have and we all need to take special interest in our customers, both within the company and externally. As an employee, you need to commit to these ideals of developing a proactive, customer-centric culture to foster trust and confidence among customers and improve value for all our stakeholders.
- The Sr Staff Attorney:
- Will render legal advice and assist in the representation of the Company in federal and state administrative proceedings, including rate cases, and related judicial appeals.
- Will able to assist in the preparation of a variety of regulatory filings including tariff and rate filings.
- Will assist in the preparation of briefs, comments, and other submissions in contested proceedings at federal and state regulatory agencies and in federal court.
- Will perform legal research and write legal memoranda.
- Will provide any other legal service related to Company operations.
- Drafts and Negotiates complex gas service and gas project-related agreements that contemplates and effectively addresses a myriad of legal and regulatory issues.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- In addition to the above, the Senior Attorney will:
- Assist in the representation of the Company in state and federal regulatory and administrative proceedings and related judicial matters.
- Represent the Company in state and federal regulatory proceedings and state and federal judicial proceedings.
- Assist in the preparation of a variety of state and federal regulatory filings including rate cases and tariff filings.
- Provide legal advice in connection with state and federal regulatory proceedings and with state and federal judicial matters.
- Draft and negotiate legal agreements as necessary.
- Juris Doctorate Juris Doctor Degree from accredited Law School required And Admission (or the ability to waive in) to the New York State Bar required.
Required Work Experience
- Candidates for the Sr. Staff Attorney role must have a minimum of two years of experience providing federal or state legal and regulatory services as part of an in-house utility law department, a law firm, or a regulatory agency. Candidates for the Sr. Attorney role must possess of minimum of 6 years experience. Required
- Technical knowledge of state and federal utility/energy regulation, laws, and policies. Required
- Experience in preparing comments and other submissions at federal or state regulatory agencies. Required
- Experience in rate or other contested proceedings before federal or state agencies. Required
- Ability to organize and coordinate projects effectively and efficiently. Required
- Must have the flexibility and ability to handle a busy work environment. Required
- Must excel at written and oral communication skills, negotiation skills, presentation skills, interpersonal skills, and must be able to adopt a customer service mentality. Req
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must sit or stand to answer a phone for entire shift
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.