Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Ensure that required training for self and field crews are completed in accordance with the training guidelines and title/position specific requirements, including operator qualifications, environmental health and safety (EHS) and documented OJTs. Ensure that all workout centers and job sites meet the highest standards related "Environmental Excellence" as well as strict adherence to all City, State and Federal environmental laws, and the ConEdison Work Area Protection guidelines.
- Will supervise field personnel in work activities, coach, schedule, train and have appropriate safety discussions with personnel.
- Ensure proper oversight of Company forces and contractor crews. Discuss and/or review daily job briefings with the crews, visit workout locations to verify safety and quality of work being performed as well as to witness critical tasks being performed.
- Ensure that all field crews, both contractors and Company forces are performing their work efficiently, safely and in accordance with Company specifications and procedures, as well as in strict adherence to PSC and OSHA competent person rules.
- Make purposeful field visits to all work locations to ensure that all expectations are being met, and all items are accounted for, including but not limited to: proper housekeeping, appropriate PPE, sheeting and shoring as required, plating as required, debris and barricade pickup, vehicle properly equipped, proper work area protection, valid permits and permit posting, proper controls of material, compliance with all work procedures and specifications.
- Ensure the timely completion of system repairs to improve productivity and work practices/procedures.
- Assign and dispatch field forces to work locations. Develop contingency work plans for crews in case the primary job cannot be worked.
- Ensure that all required documentation is accurate and completed in a timely fashion, including but no limited to: emergency sketches, as-constructed drawings, valve reports, leak reports (50-13s), time entry, contractor billing documents and Job Site Safety Evaluations.
- Ensure that all required documentation is forwarded to the appropriate departments in accordance with ConEdison specifications and procedures, such as emergency sketches to GasEngineering, Control Room and supporting organizations.
- Schedule jobs in accordance with priorities as discussed with Field Operations Planner and Section Manager.
- Ensure proper area restoration upon completion of job, utilizing appropriate backfill techniques in accordance with Local Law 14, backfilling in lifts an cut backs.
- Direct field crews at gas incident locations to ensure hazard removal in an expeditious and safe manner.
- Notify higher supervision on the status of sensitive jobs.
- Enforce disciplinary rules and regulations.
- Prepare and/or assist with the preparation of cut out procedures for jobs involving L.P. mains greater than 12" and H.P. mains 4" and greater in accordance with Gas Specifications.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- High School Diploma/GED And 5 years Gas Operations or Prior Supervisory Experience Or
- Bachelor's Degree And 2 years Related work experience
Required Work Experience
- 2 years Related work experience Req Or
- Minimum of 5 years Gas Operations or Supervisory experience Required
- Construction or Gas Operations experience Preferred
- NGA Operator Qualifications Pref
Skills & Ability
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, etc. And
- Possesses strong technical aptitude
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Other: Must fulfill the requirements of Operator Qualification 1 Year Required
- Must respond to system emergencies
- Must work at field locations in all weather conditions
- Must climb ladders and stairs
- Must work in inclement weather and adverse conditions (i.e., excessive heat, cold, noise, confined spaces)
- Must be approved and able to wear either a full- or half-face respirator without facial hair or other condition that may interfere with the seal, in accordance with OSHA regulations.
- Must climb in and out of manholes and excavations
- Must walk, stand, lift, climb, bend, kneel, stoop, and/or reach
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.