Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Auditing seeks an industrious and dedicated individual who consistently demonstrates a strong work ethic and high level of integrity to join the Construction and Contractor Activity section of Auditing. In line with Auditing's mission, work to provide customer-focused value added audit and advisory services that are objectively conducted with a high level of professional and ethical standards. These audits will review construction, operating organizations, and other business areas to assess adherence to contracts, procedures, systems, and programs.
- This position offers the successful candidate work experience in the CEI companies (CECONY, Orange & Rockland, CEBs, CET) and exposure to senior management and executives. Auditing offers a flexible work environment and the potential to receive pay parity for qualified individuals (qualification for pay parity to be determined by Compensation).
- Must comply with all organizational and professional ethical standards and ensure that audits performed comply with the IIA International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing (Standards). The candidate will maintain strict confidentiality and demonstrate sound judgment both in character and actions.
- Conduct moderate to complex audits and other projects concurrently. Apply appropriate sampling techniques and use computer-assisted audit tools and techniques.
- Lead/Conduct Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) 404 walkthroughs and testing of material and supplies, purchasing and payables processes, and Information Technology General Controls.
- Plan and participate in pre/post implementation reviews of major system process implementations.
- Develop risk-and-control matrices and prioritize efforts by the identification of key controls and the development of appropriate strategies to test the design and effectiveness of those controls.
- Schedule and lead audit kick-off, midpoint audit status, and closing meetings.
- Ensure that workpapers are complete and supporting documentation is cross-referenced to the record of work done. Ensure that workpapers adequately support audit observations, conclusions, and recommendations and consistently meet the requirements of the Institute of Internal Auditors as detailed in their International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing.
- Prepare clear, concise, and accurate audit reports that require minimal editing for finalization. May assist in the review of draft reports prepared by other auditors.
- Perform follow-up audit work to determine that management has implemented all recommendations timely.
- Seek, identify, and recommend cost-saving opportunities in the course of performing audits.
- Continuously complete training in auditing, operations, and other subject matter areas to meet certification requirements, improve the ability to perform quality audits, and to meet the departmental training requirements.
- Contribute toward team results, work well with others, and encourage other team members.
- Audits will be conducted at all Con Edison, Orange & Rockland, Con Edison Transmission and Clean Energy Business locations.
- Perform other related assignments as required, including work on Company project teams.
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 3-5 years work experience, minimum of 2 years experience in utility operations
Required Work Experience
- Well-developed communication skills, both written and verbal, and applies them in practice. Required
- Consistently proactive and demonstrates actions towards achieving the team objectives. Required
- Recognizes and understands the impact of diverse work styles and behaviors. Required
- Encourages self-appraisal via formal and informal means and participates in continuing professional development. Required
- Ability to deal with conflicts in a reasoned, persuasive manner. Recognizes the need for escalation to management for issue resolution and support. Required
- Presents information and successfully conveys a point of view in a professional manner. Required
- Demonstrates commitment to accepting new challenges and takes an active role in developing personally and professionally. Demonstrates excellent listening skills and is open minded to ideas. Required
- Knowledge of Information Technology and Company systems (i.e. Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS), Business Intelligence (BI), Construction Management Payment and Support System (COMPASS), Layout Tracking (LOT); Contractor Oversight System (COS), Work Management System (WMS)). Preferred
- Experience and familiarity with company policies, procedures, systems or business processes or relevant audit experience. Evaluates operations, controls, or systems for effectiveness: develops or follows audit procedures. May train others in audit related functions. Preferred
- Working knowledge of construction and operating organizations is preferred, including reading schematics, drawings, and flow diagrams. Previous auditing or quality assurance experience is also preferred. Rotational assignments within other Auditing Sections may be required. Pref
Skills & Ability
- Ability to build strong customer relationships
- Performs work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to drive multiple projects to successful completion
- Ability to work within tight timeframes and meet strict deadlines
- Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, etc.
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) Preferred
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- May require extensive walking, standing, and climbing and work in all weather conditions.
- Off hour shifts may occasionally be required.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.