Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Perform installation / troubleshoot hardware (desktop/laptop computer systems and associated software and peripheral devices) and software. Including field equipment
- Assist with Gas Operations data warehousing / Auto Cad system projects. Develop and/or maintain databases, reports and presentations for the operating areas.
- Maintain accurate inventory of computer and communication equipment.
- Assist in supporting Central Gas Operations on long term projects such as Vision, GIS and Byers.
- Provide technical support for communication equipment (RTU's, Modems, smart devices, mobile technology in vehicles).
- Perform Cisco network troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose network problems
- Take a lead role on projects, being a primary contributor and coordinating the work of employees, contractors, and technology services as applicable.
- Ensures that all work is properly documented. Capture and document the details of issues and troubleshooting steps that were taken.
- Makes recommendations for improving application design and implementation in light of process changes or changes in the business or technology environment.
- Provide technical support for issues via phone/email/ticketing system or in person addressing hardware, software, telephony and facility related problems.
- Follow up on recommendations, developing tangible implementation proposals and if approved developing detailed plans.
- Participate in multiple projects as a key technical resource that includes implementation, issue resolution, and development.
- Analyze architecture, relationship between systems, and systems flow of end-to-end designs.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- High School Diploma/GED And 5 years' relevant experience Or
- Bachelor's Degree And 3 years' relevant experience Or
- Master's Degree Computer Science And 2 years' relevant experience
Required Work Experience
- Experience in SharePoint development, virtual; basic script and C++. Knowledge of PHP, DMS, SQL database development and script Linux/Unix Required
- Customer-oriented attitude +1 focus Required
- SharePoint form and workflow development: InfoPath/Nintex Workflow, Power Apps/Power Automate Required
- Database: T-SQL for SQL Server, VBA for Microsoft Access Required
- ArcGIS: Understand ArcGIS suite components and the corresponding licenses, and how to manipulate spatial files in ArcMap, such as editing gas lines, or network boundaries etc. Required
- Data Reporting/Visualization: Tableau or Power BI Required
- Proficient with Windows 7/8.1/10 and the Microsoft Office Suite. Preferred
- Proven work experience as a Desktop Support Engineer, Technical Support Engineer or similar role Preferred
- Working knowledge of office automation products and computer peripherals, like printers and scanners Preferred
- Knowledge of network security practices and anti-virus programs Preferred
- Ability to perform remote troubleshooting and provide clear instructions Preferred
- Proficiency in Active Directory administration, including GPO Preferred
- Knowledge/Experience of Gas Applications Preferred
- Familiarity with mobile device technologies Preferred
- Knowledge of virtualized & cloud infrastructure Pref
Skills & Ability
- Strong written and verbal communication skills And
- Effective interpersonal skills And
- Well organized, detail oriented and flexible to handle multiple assignments And
- Ability to work within tight timeframes and meet strict deadlines And
- Effective leadership skills And
- Demonstrated problem solving skills And
- Excellent collaboration and team building skills
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must push, pull, lift up to 25 pounds
- Must stoop, bend, reach and kneel throughout the workday
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
- May need to work in other company locations as required
- Available to work off hours as operationally required.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.