Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Prepare proforma US Federal income tax returns using the OneSource income tax software, and assist senior tax accountant to prepare consolidated corporate income tax return, combined state returns and/or stand-alone state returns.
- Prepares supporting workpapers for all tax returns and maintains electronic document retention practices for all tax returns and related supporting workpapers.
- Prepare quarterly estimated payments and extensions.
- Update the tax basis balance sheet and make return to provision analysis and reconciliation on an annual basis.
- Analyze the transaction with foreign vendors for FATCA filings.
- Perform various studies such as meal & entertainment expense study, lobbying expense study and transits & parking expense study.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field and at least 2 to 3 years of Accounting, Tax & IT supporting systems related experience Preparation, reconciliation and data analysis, accounting, and tax systems & federal income tax compliance
Required Work Experience
- Two to three years accounting or tax experience (with a major company or public accounting firm preferred). Required
- Basic knowledge of ACS740 and federal tax laws and regulations. Required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to interact with all levels of management. Required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications is required. Required
- Ability to meet deliverables independently and as a team player within time constraints. Required
- Experience with ''Oracle'', ''PowerTax Provision'', ''OneSource'' (Income Tax Compliance), or similar accounting or income tax software products is a plus. Pref
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) Preferred
- Other: Master of Taxation Preferred
- Must sit or stand to answer a phone for entire shift
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
- Must stoop, bend, reach and kneel throughout the workday
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.