Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Maintaining, enhancing, and proactively providing advice on internal corporate investigations and potential violations of the company's Standards of Business Conduct.
- Providing advice and guidance to employees on compliance issues when raised to the company's Ethics Helpline.
- Assisting and working closely with the CECO to represent corporate values in close interaction with other departments to include but is not limited to Human Resources, Corporate Security, Office of Diversity and Inclusion and Corporate Auditing.
- Enhance the department's commitment to diversity and ensuring that investigations are conducted free from bias.
- Assist organizations throughout the company by providing feedback on investigations affecting their areas, potential trends, and mitigations strategies.
- Ensure the proper tracking of employee concerns, ensure that anonymous complaints are properly recorded, and that the company's policy of non-retaliation is strictly upheld.
- Evaluate the performance of the investigations team. Ensure that investigators assigned address issues are qualified and competent to conduct reviews coming to company's attention.
- Maintain close interaction with the corporate legal team, law enforcement entities, prosecutors and internal corporate security in matters have potential legal exposure for the company.
- Review investigation reports for accuracy, completeness, and adherence to corporate policy. Make recommendations to senior leadership and communicate findings to internal stakeholders.
- May perform other related assignments as required and accept delegation from CECO when directed.
- Bachelor's Degree And A minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in complex internal or sensitive investigations is required.
Required Work Experience
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office including Word, Power Point and Excel. Required
- Excellent oral and written communications skills are required. Required
- Twenty years experience as a professional law enforcement officer with an investigative background or equivalent is preferred. Law enforcement experience in surveillance operations and interviewing techniques a plus. Preferred
- Experience in auditing, engineering, construction, customer service, operations or other relevant areas. Pref
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.