Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Working under the guidance of the Operating General Supervisor, candidates must have the ability and confidence to provide timely response to trouble calls in order to mobilize field crews in the cases of Gas leaks, and emergencies
- High School Diploma/GED And 2 years dispatch and/or operational work experience Or
- Associate's Degree In mechanical, electrical, or technical discipline
Required Work Experience
- Must have technical knowledge and experience in reading & interpreting Mains & Services plates Req And
- Knowledge of Computer Aided Dispatch Systems is preferred Pref And
- Knowledge of Con Edison's Environmental, Health and Safety procedures Pref
Skills & Ability
- Maintains composure under pressure And
- Ability to represent the company with external constituents And
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must push, pull, lift up to 25 pounds
- Must sit or stand to answer a phone for entire shift
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
- Must have excellent manual dexterity and be able to use hands for entire shift
- Must stoop, bend, reach and kneel throughout the workday
- Must be able to read small print and symbols.
- Must work rotating shifts, including nights, midnights, weekends, and holidays
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.