Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Con Edison Supply Chain is seeking a talented leader to join its category management team. The team takes a strategic approach to various procurements, using a defined project management process which includes research, analysis, planning, stakeholder involvement and a strategy to meet business needs, drive process improvements and achieve cost savings. Additionally, the section manager will support sustainability and supplier diversity strategies and initiatives within the category management process.
- The Section Manager is responsible for managing category management related activities for CECONY and/or ORU. This includes but is not limited to providing strategic, commercial, and administrative direction and guidance for specific commodities and categories. The Section Manager should ensure compliance and efficient approvals, as well as provide training and development, career development guidance, and mentorship to his/her team as necessary.
- The Section Manager will collaborate with the procurement teams, user organizations, suppliers and other various internal and external stakeholders on strategy and implementation. The Section Manager will drive continuous improvement activities throughout the category management program. The selected individual will ensure the category management team maintains operations in accordance with the Supply Chain strategy and mission and will be responsible for achieving cost savings and efficiencies and other strategic imperatives.
- Manage a team of category managers, leads, analysts and associates in the strategic sourcing of procurements and other category management activities to drive cost savings, efficiencies, sustainability, supplier diversity and other process improvements.
- Provides guidance and oversight in the development of category plans, sourcing strategies and directs the preparation of bid invitations and other related procurement documents.
- Evaluates vendor proposals and bids, makes purchase recommendations and approves authorizations in accordance with the Delegation of Authority.
- Supervises the performance of associated commercial and economic evaluations of supplier bids and proposals.
- Develops personnel to achieve maximum efficiency and productivity by instructing, managing, counseling and initiating appropriate training.
- Reviews workforce requirements, establishes priorities and adjusts workload as required to utilize assigned employees.
- Develops and updates program trainings, guidance documents, and procedures.
- Provides oversight for each category going through the category management process.
- Facilitate category management meetings with various levels of leadership and lead the category selection process and plan.
- Ensures that safe work practices are followed and the environment is fully protected in accordance with Company policy and governmental regulations.
- Must be available to perform occasional off-hour emergency Supply Chain team leader functions, some of which may require working extended or non-traditional hours.
- Bachelor's Degree And 8+ years of relevant work experience, and 3 to 5 years of supervisory experience.
- Master's Degree And 6 years of relevant work experience, of which 3 to 5 years is required to be supervisory experience.
Required Work Experience
- Demonstrates strong analytical, organizational, and writing skill sets in a workplace setting. Required
- Demonstrates a commitment to safety, operational excellence, diversity, and customer service. Required
- Demonstrates the ability to effectively interact with various levels of management, union personnel, internal and external stakeholders and suppliers, as well as outside agencies. Required
- Demonstrates ability to lead, develop and mentor others, both from a direct supervisory perspective and indirectly through activities not required in basic work activities. Required
- Demonstrates ability to accept challenges, manage multiple projects/category's and use creative thinking to analyze data and recommend solutions. Required
- Ability to plan and organize workloads as well as excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills. Required
- Understanding of Oracle or other platforms supporting Supply Chain capabilities. Required
- Experience in contract writing highly prioritized. Pref
Skills & Ability
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Ability to build strong customer relationships
- Effective negotiation skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Ability to lead/manage others
- Builds and manages effective teams
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, etc.
- Ability to drive multiple projects to successful completion
- Demonstrates a high commitment to quality
- Project Demonstrated project management skills
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must sit or stand to answer a phone for entire shift
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
- Must stoop, bend, reach and kneel throughout the workday
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.