Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- The Analytics Center of Excellence (ACE) team is responsible for providing advanced analytics solutions, managing Con Edison's Enterprise Data Analytics Platform (EDAP), and driving the Company's data strategy.
- The Systems Manager for Data Sharing & Privacy will lead the IT components of Con Edison's participation in the statewide Integrated Energy Data Resource (IEDR), as well as ensuring that Con Edison data complies with privacy, transparency, and retention regulations. The position will manage and direct a team comprised of leads in the areas of project management, data governance, data science, privacy, and data sharing platforms as well as work closely with BSD for data integrations and our business partners.
- Lead and manage the IT team for the IEDR & data privacy initiatives. Provide vision, guidance, training and motivation as necessary to develop staff. Hire, evaluate and counsel the project team. Set performance standards, review performance, provide feedback and recommend wage increases in accordance with all applicable Human Resources policies and procedures. Foster a working environment that generates team building, creative thinking and team development.
- Coordinate and manage daily business activities for the Data Sharing & Privacy team.
- Engage with leaders, project sponsors, and stakeholders to understand their needs. Identify and educate on where and how data governance, privacy, and sharing can add the most value and ensure regulatory compliance.
- Work closely with the Director, Statewide Energy Data Integration and their team to ensure that technology needs are being satisfied to ensure the Company's completion of initiatives for data sharing.
- Partner with Company's Compliance lead to ensure adherence to statewide data privacy and security requirements.
- Work with EDAP & Enterprise Architecture teams to leverage streaming data technology to meet requirements of IEDR. Work to ensure that data sharing efforts do not create meaningful impacts to important operational systems.
- Establish and guide Con Edison's data governance framework, which consists of guidelines for information management decision-making, ensuring information is consistently defined and well understood, increasing trust in shared data as an enterprise asset and complying with regulatory requirements.
- Define, guide and implement our data governance and privacy capabilities (i.e. automated data discovery, data quality measurement, data lineage creation, business glossaries, roles & policies, metadata management, and data minimization), policies and best practices. Evangelize data governance and communicate these best practices across the enterprise.
- Coordinate with Enterprise Architecture and IT Business Systems Delivery teams and technical architecture groups to plan, manage and assess business and technical needs.
- Plan and evaluate new technologies to provide technical solutions for data governance, privacy, and sharing.
- Plan and establish software standards to support critical enterprise data warehousing, data governance, privacy, and data sharing.
- Create reference architectures for multiple data sharing and privacy scenarios alongside enterprise architects to streamline processes. Establish operating models with business users and other IT areas to ensure adherence to architectures and standards.
- Performs other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Master's Degree And a minimum of six (6) years full time relevant work experience Or
- Bachelor's Degree And a minimum of eight (8) years full time relevant work experience
- Master's Degree preferably in information systems, business, cybersecurity, or equivalent
- Bachelor's Degree preferably in information systems, business, cybersecurity, or equivalent
Required Work Experience
- Experience with data management, data modeling and data integrations Required
- Project management experience Required
- Managerial, supervisory, and/or leadership experience Required
- Work experience in data sharing, data governance, and data privacy Required
- Demonstrated the ability to quickly acquire in-depth knowledge of new IT technologies Required
- Experience delivering enterprise level systems Required
- Ability to present technical topics to non-technical audience Required
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple assignments and changing priorities Required
- Experience working with enterprise platforms and data sharing technologies Required
- Experience authoring formal documentation, guidelines, policies, and procedures Required
- Expertise in translating portfolio of use cases to business value and communicating value to senior leadership. Understanding of process change requirements to achieve value. Required
- Experience managing budgets, navigating purchasing requirements, and managing contractor deliverables Required
- Expertise in development and enforcement of reference architectures and operating models Preferred
- Experience working with data governance technologies Preferred
- Broad managerial and business skills including managing budgets Preferred
- Experience in managing agile delivery and release planning Pref
Skills & Ability
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent collaboration and team building skills
- Ability to lead/manage others
- Builds and manages effective teams
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Ability to drive multiple projects to successful completion
- Project Demonstrated project management skills
- Well organized, detail oriented and flexible to handle multiple assignments
- Instills commitment to organizational goals
- Possesses strong technical aptitude
- Develops and delivers effective presentations
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, etc.
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Required Or
- Certified Project Management (CPM) Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.