Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Communicate with employees, supervisors, Human Resources, and outside health professionals to coordinate union employee sick absences, FMLA, maternity leave, short and long-term disability, sick pay approval, and return to work.
- Make determination of an employee's physical and psychiatric fitness for work.
- Performance of OSHA surveillance exams; respirator qualification, silica, lead.
- Interpret spirometry and Pulmonary Function Test (PFT) results.
- Knowledge about the standards-of-care for common diseases and injuries evidence-based care.
- Must use knowledge and understanding of disease progression and disability management to assess fitness for duty.
- Responsible for management and oversight for contracted Registered Nurses (RN) and medical technicians/support staff.
- Communicate with TPA regarding management employee sick absences and long-term disability as needed.
- Review and determine FMLA status to care for family member for union and management employees.
- Assist in determining whether fitness for duty exams may be needed based on medical record reviews and knowledge of employee duties.
- Perform chart reviews and compose detailed case narratives.
- Respond to medical emergencies at company headquarter (4 Irving Place).
- Assist in Employee Wellness Center clinic and/or mobile medical van operations as needed.
- Assist with medical supply inventory.
- Bachelor's Degree Bachelor's of Science in Nursing And
- Master's Degree Master's of Science Master's of Science in Nursing (MNS) or Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) in internal medicine, family medicine, community health or other related field. And Occupational health experience.
Required Work Experience
- Must have at least 4 years experience managing a team of direct reports Required
- Strong understanding of FMLA regulations Required
- Knowledge of Electronic Medical Report, Internet software, Spreadsheet software, and Word Processing software Required
- Must possess and demonstrate an understanding of disease progression and disability management Required
- Strong written and oral communication skills Required
- Clinical or case management experience Preferred
- Experience working with union population Preferred
- Certification in Occupational Health Nursing or Nursing Case Management Pref
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Other: Licensed Nurse Practitioner in New York State Required
- Other: Certified Medical Examiner to perform Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) regulatory exams. If not currently certified, must take certification with the FMCSA within three months of hire. 90 Days Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.