Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- The Strategic Execution Project Specialist in the Strategy and Planning section is responsible for the planning, development, and execution of the Energy Efficiency and Demand Management ("EEDM") medium- and long-term portfolio strategy to ensure Con Edison and New York State energy-saving and emissions reduction goals and targets are achieved. The Project Specialist will partner with staff across Portfolio Planning & Analysis, EEDM, and others to align the organizations around the strategy and ensure successful implementation.
- Work with the Energy Efficiency Demand Management teams and other internal stakeholders to shape, integrate, and optimize two-year portfolio goals and develop and prioritize strategic initiatives for each calendar year through each program's annual business plan.
- Support the development of the Company's medium-term strategy on energy efficiency and heating electrification for market rate customer and low- and moderate income customers with alignment from delivery and corporate strategy organizations.
- Work with Energy Efficiency and Demand Management teams to identify growth opportunities, structure and develop business cases, and generate alignment on implementation plans.
- Monitor and ensure close integration of near-term strategy on a daily basis and as part of an annual strategic plan.
- Manage cross-functional teams responsible for new department initiatives that may arise from the Operating Committee recommendations.
- Provide problem solving and strategic support to the department.
- Represent the Company's interest to external stakeholders such as the New York State Department of Public Service Staff and other stakeholders.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree And 3 years of work experience
- Master's Degree Degree in business, engineering, energy-related discipline, economics, policy And 2 years of work experience
- Bachelor's Degree Degree in business, engineering, energy-related discipline, economics, policy
Required Work Experience
- 3 years specific experience in energy efficiency and demand management programs or projects, including work with program or project strategy and delivery. Required
- Experience leading implementation of complex projects. Required
- Demonstrated experience managing teams or projects or processes. Required
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, analyze and solve complex strategic and tactical opportunities. Required
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and synthesize data into business insights and effectively communicate the information in oral and written deliverables. Required
- Advanced communications, presentation, writing and analytical skills. Required
- Demonstrated organizational skills, and the ability to see the big picture and attention to detail. Required
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and comfortable working in a dynamic environment. Required
- Proven capabilities in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel). Preferred
- Experience in strategy roles or developing and implementing strategic projects. Preferred
- Experience presenting to senior executives. Preferred
- Experience and or knowledge of New York State's Climate Leadership and Community Protection Act (CLCPA) and New York City's Local Law 97. Preferred
- Experience working with diverse teams to align stakeholders around business solutions, and coach and work with these stakeholders through the implementation to drive business results. Preferred
- Proven leadership and interpersonal skills with the ability to drive results by collaborating with stakeholders to build consensus. Preferred
- Ability to make decisions in real-time, under pressure. Pref
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be willing to travel inside and outside the Company service territory as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.