Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Collaborates with Design Team, internal stakeholders, and agency partners to build new solutions and iteratively improve experiences on the websites, native apps, and intranet.
- Interacts with outside services, internal IT personnel, Customer Service and other departments to translate business and customer needs into appropriate Web and other digital communications components; research and stay up-to-date on Web and other digital communications innovations.
- Provides leadership and guidance to a cross-functional team. Effectively communicates what is expected from team.
- Creates and presents wireframes, prototypes, and defensible solutions to customer pain points.
- Advocates for our customer during all phases of work.
- Assists with content administration especially during emergency events.
- Upholds corporate identity standards by adhering to specifications detailed in the Con Edison Style Guides for general logo usage and branding in applications such as signage, Company vehicles, uniforms and apparel, premium items and stationary.
- Must be available 24/7, and available to be on call and/or participate in off-hour emergency response activities as required.
- Performs other related assignments, as required.
- Bachelor's Degree Degree in communications, graphic design, computer technology or related field And 3 years Related business experience Or
- Associate's Degree Degree in communications, graphic design, computer technology or related field And 5 years Related business experience Or
- High School Diploma/GED Appropriate certification(s) in Web Administration And 7 years Related business experience
Required Work Experience
- Related experience should include design, development, maintenance and programming of Websites, using a CMS, and/or graphic print and interactive design in a design studio or corporate environment. Required
- Should have a strong design and creative skills, and a strong command of prevalent UI/UX patterns. Required
- Must be computer literate with proficiency in wireframing/rapid protyping software, (Adobe preferred). Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint and Adobe Acrobat Professional. Required
- Must be well-organized and detail oriented. Must be flexible to handle multiple assignments under tight deadlines and adapt to changing priorities. Required
- Must have strong analytical and interpersonal skills. Required
- Must possess excellent oral and written communications skills. Req
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.