Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Serve as the primary compliance contact for Engineering and ensure timely and complete compliance reporting.
- Responsible for working collaboratively with various subject matter experts (SMEs) to support procedure and process development for NERC standards.
- Responsible for document development, including NERC Reliability Standards Audit Worksheets (RSAWs), and providing evidence for internal assessments and external engagements such as audits, certifications and spot-checks.
- Provides feedback on changes to NERC Rules of Procedure, NERC CMEP, NERC policy changes, FERC Orders, and Regional Reliability Standards.
- Participates in bi-weekly CEO Certification meetings and develops/updates procedure(s) and/or evidence as necessary.
- Provides input on scoping for Compliance Monitoring Engagements of the applicable NERC standards and requirements.
- Coordinates with Compliance Manager and compliance staff for all standards comments, questionnaires and reporting due dates.
- Coordinates preparation and participates in Self Certifications, Self-Reports, Spot Checks, Periodic Data Submittals, on site and off site audits.
- Keeps informed of the industry and keeps up to-date with the latest developments in the Compliance and Regulatory Standards.
- Participate in the Company's Emergency Response Plan through a designated storm assignment.
- Attends departmental meetings and participates on various teams and committees as required.
- Performs other related Company assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree Electrical Engineering (BSEE) is preferred. And 2 or more years of applicable experience (Specialist 1H) of total work experience to include one year of applicable NERC and/or regulatory compliance Or
- Bachelor's Degree Electrical Engineering (BSEE) is preferred. And 3-5 years of applicable experience (Sr Specialist 2L) of total work experience to include two years of applicable NERC and/or regulatory compliance Or
- Bachelor's Degree Electrical Engineering (BSEE) is preferred. And 8 years of applicable experience (Project Specialist 2H) of total work experience to include three years of applicable NERC and/or regulatory compliance
Required Work Experience
- Minimum 1-year experience related to regulatory compliance. Required
- Knowledge of NERC Reliability Standards, NPCC Directories and/or utility regulatory compliance. Required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong analytical, technical and computer skills. Required
- Must show ability to apply good individual judgment, initiative, creativity and decision making in the handling of assignments. Req
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.