Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- The Production Technician is required to have practical knowledge of power plant equipment, specifically regarding water treatment, boiler chemistry, environmental sampling, boiler efficiency, and heat transfer. Job duties are to include receiving and quality control of hazardous bulk chemicals (sulfuric acid, caustic) under strict safety protocols. The Production Technician will conduct various tests of power plant equipment. Categories include, but are not limited to, continuous analyzer maintenance/troubleshooting (pH, conductivity, dissolved oxygen, salt, phosphate), lube oil analysis, gas purity, atmospheric safety testing, dew point analysis, DEC/DEP regulated environmental sampling, steam trap testing, vibration testing on rotating equipment, turbine/boiler efficiency testing and auxiliary equipment performance testing. Experience with hand tools involved in tube bending and piping is preferred. The Production Technician will also be responsible for compiling routine data and composing reports to evaluate plant trends and efficiency.
- Knowledge of practical application to power plant equipment to apply to water treatment processing/chemical and gas sampling for analysis.
- Conduct various tests of power plant equipment. These tests can include, but are not limited to: boiler water sampling (pH, salt, and phosphate), lube oil analysis, gas purity, atmospheric safety testing, dew point analysis and environmental monitoring sampling programs, vibration testing on rotating equipment, turbine/boiler thermodynamic testing and auxiliary equipment performance testing.
- Responsible for compiling routine data and special reports to evaluate trends and efficiency.
- Experience in PC based software (i.e. Microsoft Office programs).
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- High School Diploma/GED And 4 years equivalent technical experience (Power, Water Treatment, marine, etc) Or
- Associate's Degree In Chemistry/Mechanical Technology, Engineering or related field
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must respond to system emergencies
- Must perform heavy manual labor; i.e. pushing, pulling, and lifting up to 50 pounds
- Must carry tools and materials, climb ladders and scaffolds, and enter confined spaces
- Must work in, under, and on top of all types of company vehicles/equipment
- Must work in an environment that includes heat, noise, confined spaces, and high elevations
- Must climb ladders and stairs
- Must work on elevated platforms, scaffolds, catwalks, roofs, or equipment
- Must work in inclement weather and adverse conditions (i.e., excessive heat, cold, noise, confined spaces)
- Must work with and in the vicinity of high voltage and/or other high-energy systems
- Must be approved and able to wear either a full- or half-face respirator without facial hair or other condition that may interfere with the seal, in accordance with OSHA regulations.
- Must stand, walk, and climb ladder and stairs for a whole shift
- Must walk, stand, lift, climb, bend, kneel, stoop, and/or reach
- Must use eye-hand coordination to adjust controls on equipment
- Must wear all necessary personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including; fire retardant clothing and safety harness
- Must work with equipment with manufacturer weight rating of 350 llbs.
- Must be able to use equipment with a maximum weight rating of 375 lbs when wearing and/or carrying 25lbs of clothing and equipment.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.