Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- The Senior Specialist will provide environment, health & safety (EH&S) field support to Plant operations ensuring compliance with applicable EH&S regulations, programs, and procedures that are consistent with the Company's commitment to EH&S Excellence.
- The primary subject matter areas include: oil, chemical, water, waste, air, fire protection, asbestos and lead programs. The position will also support various safety programs associated with Operations.
- Conducts compliance reporting, inspections and testing and completes incident investigation, program implementation, documentation, and provides project oversight.
- Presents training to Plant personnel in a variety of safety and environmental subject matter areas.
- Reviews day to day operations and maintenance activities to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Reviews projects to ensure design and construction are completed in a matter that complies with applicable regulations.
- Reviews and prepares permit renewals and submittals, maintains procedures and regulatory plans.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree And three (3) years' operating and maintenance experience of power generation facilities and minimum of (2) years experience EH&S related experience
- Associate's Degree And four (4) years operating experience and two (2) years EH&S related experience
- High School Diploma/GED And a minimum of 5 years operating experience and a minimum of two (2) years of EH&S related experience required.
- Bachelor's Degree in related discipline (Environmental Science, Safety, Engineering, Physical Science, Chemistry, Physics or Biological Science) And three (3) years' operating and maintenance experience of power generation facilities and minimum of (2) years experience EH&S related experience
- Associate's Degree in a technical discipline
Required Work Experience
- EH&S related work experience. Required
- Minimum of two (2) years documented work experience in regulatory compliance, environmental science, safety, industrial hygiene, chemistry, and/or waste management. Required
- Operating and maintenance experience in power generation. Pref
Skills & Ability
- Experience in a regulated environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to build strong customer relationships
- Ability to influence internal and/or external constituents
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must push, pull, lift up to 40 pounds
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.