Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- The JR DESIGNER - MECHANICAL working within the Central Engineering organization will be responsible for coordinating design work with Designers from other design disciplines, Engineers, station personnel, in addition to occasionally providing design field support during construction activities.
- will search the Drawing Management system for applicable drawings that are pertinent to the task or function they have been assigned by a design supervisor.
- will retrieve both electronic and paper print copies of applicable drawings that are pertinent to the task or function they have been assigned by a design supervisor.
- will read and interpret design, piping codes, building codes, regulations, and standards to be able to produce quality design drawings and supporting documentation.
- will create new and revise existing drawings under the direction of a design supervisor or engineer, and promoting these revised drawings through the established approval process.
- will work with AutoCad to perform drafting and design within this software.
- will conform to the company's standard CAD procedures for preparing and submitting drawings.
- will perform other tasks as assigned.
- High School Diploma/GED And 2 years relevant work experience in preparing mechanical construction drawings (plans, sections, details) preferably associated with substation, generation station, or large infrastructure design projects Or
- Associate's Degree in Engineering, Mechanical Technology or related fields.
Required Work Experience
- REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- Must have knowledge preparing and understanding mechanical construction drawings including piping layouts, plans, sections and details.
- Must be able to read and interpret multi-disciplinary drawings such as civil/structural, electrical, Fire Protection, HVAC, P&IDs (Process and Instrumentation) drawings etc.
- Requires ability to perform drafting and design in AutoCAD 2D.
- Requires familiarity with piping codes, local building codes, regulations, and standards to produce quality design drawings and supporting documentation.
- Requires strong interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively interact with personnel on all levels in order to work on teams.
- Requires good verbal and written communication skills.
- Requires computer proficiency to include Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel).
- PREFERRED EXPERIENCE:
- Knowledge utilizing 3D software applications such as AutoCAD Plant 3D, Inventor, Solidworks or other current computer technologies to render 3D designs is desireable.
- Familiarity with drawing management systems and ability to fully utilize systems to access, print, store, view, search and generally manage company drawings is preferred.
- Knowledge and experience in design of high pressure and high temperature piping systems, chemical piping systems (water treatment, gas, etc.) and related pipe supports is a plus.
- Working knowledge of manual and computerized Piping Stress Analysis is a plus. Pref
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.