Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- At Con Edison we have and we all need to take special interest in our customers, both within the company and externally. As an employee, you need to commit to these ideals of developing a proactive, customer-centric culture to foster trust and confidence among customers and improve value for all our stakeholders.
- Work with Market Research and Analytics Group to assess measure Total Resource Cost (TRC) tests, or other cost effectiveness and societal benefit tests. Responsible for assisting the Building Engineering Group in analyzing and evaluating new technologies and strategies for inclusion into the department's energy efficiency, demand management, and demand response programs. Required to monitor new and emerging technologies, and to associate with other organizations (such as AEE, AESP, CEE, EPRI, ESOURCE, and ASHRAE) that research, evaluate and recommend energy efficiency measure as directed.
- Work with Program Managers, Business Development/Account Executives to identify program measures that should be added, modified, or eliminated to accomplish increased program savings and customer value. Required to understand both the construction industry and business of the customer, the issues customers deal with and how energy related to their business, specifically how such technologies and measures best serve these interests.
- Support the Project Specialist and Section Manager in preparing analysis and reports in responses to Public Service Commission orders and inquiries. May represent the Department on program measure issues with DPS Staff, governmental authorities, utilities, and other entities as needed. Will also be called upon to assist in corporate emergencies as required. Will evaluate project specific technologies and strategies for conformance with program requirements and metrics. Conduct desk review of measures/projects in compliance with the Technical Reference Manual (TRM) and industry standards. Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree And 5 to 7 years related work experience in an engineering/analysis area required.
Required Work Experience
- Regulatory, energy efficiency, demand-side management or policy experience Required
- Excellent oral and written communications skills Required
- Excellent presentation and analytical skills Required
- Ability to interact with all levels of management Required
- Familiarity with Con Edison energy efficiency and demand management programs Required
- Must have strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft applications Required
- Utility, deregulated energy efficiency or sustainability experience Preferred
- Experience managing projects and/or design teams Preferred
- Associated professional certification, such as CEM, LEED, amongst others Preferred
- Experience working in a regulated environment preferred, familiarity with the NY Public Service Commission relating to Energy Efficiency and Demand Response desirable Preferred
- Familiarity with building simulation modeling Preferred
- Architecture, engineering, and/or construction disciplines, Professional licensure as applicable Pref
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.