Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
It is an essential job requirement to be fully-vaccinated against COVID-19 for this role, subject to reasonable accommodation for religious or disability-related reasons.
- Stores Operations is seeking industrious candidates for the position of full-time Stock Handler. Selected candidates must have a HS Diploma (or GED), excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as math and reading skills, and must be capable of working with minimal supervision. Computer skills for utilization of the department's work and inventory management systems are required.
- A valid CDL will be required for the position. A candidate with a valid CDL learner's permit who is willing to qualify for a CDL within six months of the hire date may be considered for this position.
- Candidates are required to follow safe work practices and procedures and perform various work assignments at each location as required.
- Provide customer service to crews, ordering and issuing material and receiving internal deliveries and packages.
- Use required storeroom computer applications to track material received, issue material to customers and manage inventory, and perform all aspects of storeroom administration including using Oracle system, CARS, DEMS, reel tracking, material ordering, etc. as required.
- Perform inventory counts and follow storeroom management procedures.
- Train to operate fork trucks within three months and other equipment up to 20 tons, e.g. track trucks, cable trucks, switcher, etc. (as required). Use manual and electric packaging equipment.
- Perform yard operations and spare part operations, including: picking, loading, measuring cable, tagging reels, inventories, coil cutting and fabrication, re-reeling, transformer operations, crane/rigging operation, etc.
- Perform environmental administrative and manual work such as inspecting and maintaining storage areas, spill notification/clean up, manifesting waste on EMIS and logging drums in and out on tracking forms (hard copy and computer) and on computer tracking programs.
- Load and unload material or drums on to vehicles with lifting devices, which includes picking and packaging company and vendor materials.
- Make safety the first priority and identify any potential safety and environmental hazards.
- If you accept a job offer in association with this posting, you will be assigned to any of the operating areas of Stores Operations in Staten Island. You will need to obtain certifications and CDL licenses as required.
- High School Diploma/GED And Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as math and reading skills, and must be capable of working with minimal supervision. Computer skills for utilization of the department's work and inventory management systems are required.
Required Work Experience
- Candidates who pass a structured interview are required to pass a CDL medical and obtain a CDL learner's permit within one month. If these requirements are not met a candidate cannot be hired for this role. Required
- Customer Service Required
- Supplying Materials Required
- Handling and Managing Inventory Req
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must respond to system emergencies
- Must work at field locations in all weather conditions
- Must work in inclement weather and adverse conditions (i.e., excessive heat, cold, noise, confined spaces)
- Must be approved and able to wear either a full- or half-face respirator without facial hair or other condition that may interfere with the seal, in accordance with OSHA regulations.
- Must stand, walk, and climb ladder and stairs for a whole shift
- Must walk, stand, lift, climb, bend, kneel, stoop, and/or reach
- Must unload materials from delivery vehicles and deliver equipment and materials to various operating facilities
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Selected candidates must be capable of pushing/pulling/lifting 40 pounds in weight.
- Must be able to work various shifts, including weekends and holiday delivery operations.
- Selected candidates must be medically qualified for a CDL.
- Must be able to perform extensive walking/climbing/standing and must be capable of working in extreme weather conditions, in heavy traffic areas, in satellite locations as required, on elevated platforms.
- Must be capable of working in extreme weather conditions, in heavy traffic areas, in satellite locations as required, with exposure to ambient noise.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.