Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
It is an essential job requirement to be fully-vaccinated against COVID-19 for this role, subject to reasonable accommodation for religious or disability-related reasons.
- Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) serves over 5 million customers who use ConEd services daily, which means a job here offers countless ways to make an impact in a fast-growing organization. AMI is focused on providing better services for our external and internal customers. Our goal is to provide an excellent customer experience by utilizing AMI technologies. The AMI IT organization is instrumental toward advancing the Smart City, Smart Home, customer experience agenda, enabling capabilities like sensors, smart devices, and more. This will position ConEd to pave new ground in the Internet of Things (IOT) space as we continue to be an industry leader. Picture your day beginning with a whiteboard session of exploring ideas, understanding the data, unveiling patterns, and behaviors to architect solution and design in an open and collaborative environment. You will be instrumental in identifying and providing relevant and contextual information to AMI internal customers to act upon. In addition, you will be leveraging existing AMI technology while being a strategic partner to the business in delivering solutions/designs. Envision yourself influencing decisions which will affect millions of New Yorkers every day. Think about the difference you can make in our experience with the MTA, renewable energy, EV charging, and further smart city investments. The AMI team works directly and collaboratively to implement enhancements for AMI systems, design integrations and create use cases to better serve our internal customers such as Customer Operations, Electric Operations, Customer Service/Billing, Gas Operations, among others. These technology innovations are driving business change that will touch every ConEd customer. In this role, you will be a direct link between ConEd and the customer experience and will be involved in architecting solutions/designs, provide exceptional customer service and be an intricate team member.
- Performs a role in a wide range of technology/ business initiatives to support IT and business. Supports the project roadmaps and collaborates with architect design solution and integration.
- Work with vendors, system owners, business and other teams, be hands on, leverage experts and SMEs to help you be successful in fulfilling your objectives and goals.
- Work with business users to analyze requirements, architect new solutions, integrations and enhance existing solutions and integrations. Develop functional designs and transition the design to AMI application teams for implementation.
- Ability to plan, coordinate, and facilitate functional requirements and design workshops.
- Make recommendation and develop a plan to transform ideas into solutions and designs, implement solutions to improve business processes.
- Participate in projects including planning resources, scope, schedule & execute the overall project plans.
- Work on solutions and issues requiring coordination within AMI project and external groups, including vendors to ensure that solutions and issues are addressed.
- Be a solution architect's subject matter expert (SME) to the business, IT, and testing team to provide solutions, workarounds and resolve issues related to solutions and designs.
- Must be able to communicate design/solution approach and present to project team. Able to interact with all levels of management and communicate the solutions/designs to technical and non-technical audience.
- Clearly articulate issues or concepts to IT and business users.
- Work in various innovative work streams like Smart City, Sensor Technology, Distributed Network Devices, AMI Mesh Network, Smart Home etc. Also, will be involved in business and technology processes and play a key role in shaping business outcomes.
- Excellent writing and analytical skills.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree And a minimum of three (3) years Work experience in IT field Or
- Associate's Degree And a minimum of four (4) years Work experience in IT field
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related discipline. And a minimum of three (3) years Work experience in IT field
Required Work Experience
- Minimum of 2 years experience designing, solutions, implementing technologies in one or more domains. Required
- Experience architecting or solution designs to implement integrations (i.e., custom / commercially). Required
- Must have a solid understanding of architectural concepts and practices leading to solutions that are reliable, maintainable, reusable, scalable and extensible. Required
- Must be flexible and able to work off-hours as required to support deployments, resolve production problems or respond to corporate emergencies. Required
- Must be comfortable and skilled at selling new processes and techniques. Must be able to communicate designs and give persuasive presentations. Must be able to interact with all levels of management and communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience. Preferred
- Ability to handle multiple assignments with changing priorities while meeting deadlines. Preferred
- Ability to establish medium and long-term plans and priorities and estimate investment requirements. Preferred
- Ability to motivate, challenge and develop staff. Preferred
- Skilled in project management, network systems design and implementation utilizing state-of-the-art computer, network and communications systems. Pref
- Experience with ActiveMQ, Kafka, IBM MQStrong scripting skills (Perl, Shell, Python) Knowledge of SDLC, including Agile Development Methodology.Experience with monitoring and logging platforms (Grafana, Prometheus, Splunk, etc.)
Skills & Ability
- Strong written and verbal communication skills And
- Effective interpersonal skills And
- Project Demonstrated project management skills And
- Develops and delivers effective presentations
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to work overtime and travel within Company service territory, as needed.
- Must be flexible with work hours, be on call and respond to emergencies.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.