Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- This is a leadership role in the Information Technology Project Management Office (IT PMO) responsible for developing and fostering consistent project management practices within IT, performing quality assurance checks to ensure standards are applied consistently, ensuring project and portfolio cost transparency, and managing the IT portfolio governance process.
- Commitment to the ideals of developing a proactive, customer-centric culture to foster trust and confidence among customers and improve value for all our stakeholders.
- Develop the standards, processes and tools to facilitate Project Management excellence in Information Technology (IT) projects and/or programs.
- Perform quality assurance checks to ensure that standards are followed consistently. Provide insight and guidance as needed to ensure necessary standards are adhered to and applied consistently.
- Review IT Project Portfolio and provide insight and guidance, as necessary, to provide project course corrections.
- Participate in change management activities within IT in order to promote consistent and successful IT project management.
- Attend monthly IT Board meetings and project portfolio pre-meetings.
- Liaison with the Corporate Finance organization to support the portfolio management (governance) process.
- Provide oversight, strategic direction and leadership on the system used for portfolio optimization and management and related projects/system enhancements
- Develop and deliver well organized analytical presentations.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Master's Degree And a minimum of two (2) years of related full work experience Or
- Bachelor's Degree And a minimum of three (3) years of related full time work experience Or
- Associate's Degree And a minimum of five (5) years of related full time work experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Computer Science or similar analytical discipline
- Master's Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Computer Science or similar analytical discipline
Required Work Experience
- Experience in a business analysis capacity, e.g. business management, technology analysis/development, finance, audit, budget/cost management, planning/forecasting, scheduling, consulting or corporate shared service function Required
- Experience leading teams and implementing either Business or Information Technology projects or programs, or demonstrate a proven ability to manage process improvement projects through to successful completion Required
- Must have excellent customer service skills and a proven track record of working with business units and external vendors Required
- Must possess strong financial analytical and process development skills Required
- Must have strong leadership and collaboration skills Required
- Must have the ability to make critical decisions and demonstrate sound judgment in diverse project assignments Required
- Must have advanced usage and knowledge of MS Excel Required
- Must have usage and knowledge of MS Project, Word and PowerPoint Required
- Experience working in a project or program management office (PMO), in an auditing or quality assurance role a plus Preferred
- Oracle knowledge a plus Preferred
- Experience with Primavera or PI360 a plus Pref
Skills & Ability
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Develops and delivers effective presentations
- Project Demonstrated project management skills
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Ability to lead/manage others
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Preferred
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.