Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- The Engineer will support in-service control and automation systems to include PLC-based alarm annunciator systems, substation Human Machine Interface systems, and substation networking and communications equipment.
- Will review schematic and wiring diagrams, analyze test result data, and provide field support.
- Will resolve maintenance work orders that require control system expertise.
- Will take feedback from field operations customers to improve control system solutions.
- Other related tasks as assigned by Manager.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering And 2 years of full time work experience to include one year work experience with electrical control systems - ASSOCIATE ENGINEER A (1H) Or
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering And 3 years of work experience in electrical controls - ENGINEER (2L) Or
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering And 8 years of work experience in electrical controls - SENIOR ENGINEER (2H)
- Master's Degree with a Bachelors degree in Engineering And 6 years of work experience in electrical controls - SENIOR ENGINEER (2H).
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering
Required Work Experience
- REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- Requires a Bachelors degree in Engineering and a minimum of 2 years full time work experience to include 1 year of work experience in electrical control systems
- Must have the ability to write specifications and standards, and coordinate engineering projects and assignments
- Requires knowledge of AC circuit analysis and DC logic circuits
- Requires ability to analyze data and deliver data results/analysis to company-internal consumers
- Must be flexible to handle multiple assignments with changing priorities and deadlines.
- Requires strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with colleagues, subordinates, internal/external customers, agencies, and various levels of management
- Requires computer proficiency to include Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) Required
- PREFERRED EXPERIENCE:
- - Experience in software development and/or enterprise information technology
- - Familiarity with electrical metering including transducer, CT and PT concepts
- - Strong technical competence in SCADA systems, networking and data communications with the ability to be innovative and create efficiency and recognize synergies.
- -Experience or understanding of IEC 61850 Pref
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel throughout the company service territory, regionally (and potentially continent-wide), to attend conferences, meetings, etc. as required.
- Must be able and willing to work in both office and field settings, and wear the required PPE as needed.
- Must be able and willing to be available for emergency work 24/7 as required by system conditions
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.