Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Ensure implementation of Company safety, health, and environmental programs for employees whose work is directed. Ensure that safe work practices are followed, and the environment is fully protected per Company policy and governmental regulations.
- Commitment to the Way We Work Principles and adheres to the Company's Standards of Business Conduct and other Company procedures including Environmental, Health and Safety (''EH&S''), Equal Employment Opportunity (''EEO''), discipline, and security.
- At Con Edison we have, and we all need to take a special interest in our customers, both within the company and externally. As an employee, you need to commit to these ideals of developing a proactive, customer-centric culture to foster trust and confidence among customers and improve value for all our stakeholders.
- Provide support for all LAN/WAN initiatives for Central Engineering.
- Assist in the support, diagnosis, and configuring of computer equipment.
- Create and update technical procedural documentation as needed.
- Train personnel in the application of current projects, and in the procedures, processes, and programs of CE.
- Image, install, and support Engineering and workstations, laptops, tablets (Surface Pro, Samsung Slate, etc.) and associated equipment.
- Support and administer Central Engineering's document and drawing management system.
- Work with contracted vendors to resolve issues.
- Provide off-hours on-call support when necessary.
- Act as the liaison between department users and the Help Center in solving trouble tickets.
- Install and troubleshoot software/applications on Central Engineering servers.
- Maintain an up-to-date inventory of all workstations, laptops, tablets, printers, plotters, and peripheral equipment throughout Central Engineering using Computer Cost Central, and Active Directory.
- Manage projects as assigned by his or her manager.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree Requires a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field And 3 years experience in troubleshooting and problem resolution, root cause analysis, as well as experience in workstation configuration and imaging.
Required Work Experience
- REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- Requires a Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related technical field.
- Required a minimum of 3 years experience in troubleshooting and problem resolution, and root cause analysis as well as experience in workstation configuration and imaging.
- Requires experience with Window 10 and MS Office 365.
- Requires working knowledge of Remote Access technologies.
- PREFERRED EXPERIENCE:
- Programming, Windows Scripting, and automation experience is a plus.
- Experience supporting Autodesk quite of product such as AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit, etc is a plus. Pref
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be willing and able to lift desktop computers, and bend, stoop, kneel and/or sit for long durations.
- Must be able and willing to travel to company locations throughout the Company service territory, as needed.
- Must be willing and able to wear appropriate attire and PPE for the work location and duties
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.