Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Contributes to the analysis of capital portfolio data, review of capital project information and to provide skilled and efficient support to the IT leadership department under the Office of the CIO. The Technical Associate is also responsible for developing and fostering consistent project management practices within IT and with IT's Business Partners. This individual must be results oriented and exercise independent judgment and discretion. Provides support, organizational and management of activities and projects to enhance capabilities and flexibility of the IT organization.
- Support department goals with analysis of portfolio and governance data and the formulation of process changes, updates and documentation.
- Develops reports and applications utilizing Microsoft tools such as Power BI or advanced excel functions, etc.
- Performs analysis and trending of the IT capital portfolio.
- Makes recommendations for improving PMO related process.
- Leverage existing or learn deep knowledge of Teams, Channels, Share Point, management of content, admin of site,
- Taxonomy, security and permissions.
- Support the development of standards, processes, tools and training to facilitate Project Management excellence in
- Information Technology (IT) projects and/or programs.
- Perform quality assurance checks on projects to ensure that standards are followed consistently. Work with the PMO
- Section Manager and PMO team to provide insight for corrective action that is needed to ensure necessary standards are
- adhered to and applied consistently.
- The Company and the IT Department values inclusion and diversity to foster engaged employees. Candidate is expected to
- demonstrate these values.
- Assist with special projects as needed.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Participates in the Company's emergency management processes and storm plans as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Computer Science And One (1) year minimum of work experience may include full-time or internship experience; OR, a minimum of six months work experience if participated in the company's full-time college cooperative or summer cooperative internships.
Required Work Experience
- One (1) year minimum of work experience may include full-time or internship experience; OR, a minimum of six months work experience if participated in the company's full-time college cooperative or summer cooperative internships. Required
- Must have a strong attention to detail, and anticipate work requirements (before
- being asked) and ability to prioritize deliverables. Required
- Ability to interact with all levels of Management. Required
- Must be a self-starter, strong work ethic and have the ability to multi-task. Required
- Experience in SharePoint, TEAMS, VISIO, OneNote, OneDrive, Office, and other similar
- tools is a plus. Preferred
- Demonstrated learning agility, initiative and technical research skills leveraging
- online tools (Google, YouTube, etc). Pref
Skills & Ability
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, etc.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Well organized, detail oriented and flexible to handle multiple assignments
- Demonstrates excellent judgment and decision making skills
- Possesses a high degree of initiative
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data
- Ability to work within tight timeframes and meet strict deadlines
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.