Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- The Manager is responsible for managing and advancing the company's talent acquisition strategy and processes, including developing and implementing methods to source qualified, diverse candidates to meet operating needs. Streamline recruiting process and evaluate key performance metrics to identify areas for continuous improvement. Supervise a team of Talent Advisors and manage employee development initiatives to enhance performance.
- Manage and lead a team of Talent Advisors to drive a best-in-class recruitment experience for stakeholders and candidates. Lead and drive operational efficiencies to ensure a consistent end to end recruitment process.
- Track and report on key performance indicators (KPI's) for recruitment team and provide coaching and mentoring.
- Work with department manager to establish, define and train recruitment team on standard processes to ensure predictable outcomes.
- Identify and implement cross-training initiatives to continuously improve recruiter performance while facilitating ongoing individual development.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements (state and federal) for best hiring practices. Executes quality control and internal audit functions to elevate performance and support compliance.
- Commitment to the company's Cultural Imperatives and adheres to the Company's Standards of Business Conduct and other Company procedures including Environmental, Health and Safety (''EH&S''), Equal Employment Opportunity (''EEO''), discipline, and security.
- Partner with Diversity & Inclusion programs to identify diverse top talent to build pipelines for both union and management roles.
- Stay current on emerging recruitment trends, tools, and best practices.
- Ensures compliance of the Company's job posting policy/practice. Partners with hiring managers to support recruitment needs through the interview/selection process. Provides guidance to hiring managers and talent acquisition team on applicant tracking system and other recruitment related systems.
- Ensure implementation of Company safety, health, and environmental programs for employees whose work is directed. Ensure that safe work practices are followed, and the environment is fully protected in accordance with Company policy and governmental regulations.
- Ability to make decisions in a fast-paced, evolving environment and provide guidance to recruitment team.
- Ensure consistency of employer branding in all recruitment communications and build brand awareness through both internal and external partnerships utilizing social media and other recruitment resources.
- Provide labor market expertise, implement diversity sourcing strategies, and provide interview tips and training.
- Ability to develop strategic plans in support of talent acquisition goals with the ability to execute effectively.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- High School Diploma/GED And 9 Years work experience. Or
- Associate's Degree And 7 years work experience. Or
- Bachelor's Degree And 5 Years work experienced.
- Bachelor's Degree Preferred in Psychology, HR, or Business Management.
Required Work Experience
- Strong communication (oral/written) and presentation skills. Required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (word, Excel, PowerPoint). Required
- Strong administrative and organizational skills. Required
- Demonstrated experience handling sensitive and confidential information in a discrete and professional manner. Required
- Strong analytical/critical thinking and problem-solving skills. Required
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple assignments and changing priorities. Required
- Proven interpersonal skills and the ability to drive results through collaboration with stakeholders. Required
- Flexibility to deal with ambiguity and comfortable working in a dynamic environment. Required
- Demonstrated planning and organizational skills, and the ability to see the big picture as well as attention to detail. Required
- Prior supervisory experience with a line organization. Preferred
- Experience with Applicant Tracking Systems i.e. PeopleSoft HR/Payroll, HCM Cloud, Career Connect. Preferred
- Oracle HCM Cloud experience. Preferred
- 5 or more years recruitment experience and/or knowledge of Human Resources related activities such as recruiting, comp/wage administration, and employee relation matters. Pref
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Other: SHRM and/or HRCI Certification Preferred
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.