Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Ensure implementation of Company safety, health and environmental programs for employees whose work is directed. Ensure that safe work practices are followed and the environment is fully protected in accordance with Company policy and governmental regulations.
- Commitment to the Way We Work Principles, and adheres the Company's Standards of Business Conduct and other Company procedures including Environmental, Health and Safety ("EH&S"), Diversity and Inclusion ("D&I"), discipline, and security.
- Perform all day-to-day technical and administrative tasks associated with the System Operation NERC Standards Compliance Program.
- Maintain a complete understanding of all NERC standard requirements, measures and compliance reporting and be the SME on these standards for the System Operation Department.
- Support, monitor and report on status of compliance and conduct evaluations of each areas compliance processes to ensure compliance with NERC reliability standards.
- Track compliance to each applicable standard by associating those standard requirements to specific System Operation procedures, practices and/or tools.
- Develop and maintain compliance tracking criteria and records for all applicable NERC compliance standards associated with System Operation Department responsibilities.
- Review, comment and process proposed new NERC standards, revisions to existing NERC standards, NERC CANS and all other compliance or standard related documentations that may impact System Operation at Con Edison.
- Work to develop required protocols and procedural revisions to address new and/or revised NERC standards to ensure continued compliance with such new and/or revised standards.
- Review System Operation procedures to ensure compliance to NERC standards. Recommend proposed changes to procedures to ensure they address applicable NERC standards.
- Assist in the preparation of audit document packages for submittal to the NPCC and participate in on-site, off-site, and spot check audits.
- Coordinate with the Associate Chief System Operators to ensure the timely, accurate and well-documented submittal of data to NPCC, as required to address compliance requirements and reviews.
- Review data submittals proposed by System Operation personnel to ensure adequacy and alignment with relevant NERC standards.
- Assist System Operation in the development of compliance violation Mitigation Plans. Monitor and report on status of Mitigation Plan implementation.
- Assist in conducting evaluations of various sections within System Operation to ensure compliance with NERC reliability standards.
- Assist in writing procedures to detail and identify the functions of the Compliance Program and efforts within System Operation.
- Present and explain the NERC Standards to other System Operation employees in order to ensure their compliance or applicable standards.
- Provide guidance and assist in the development and submittal of disturbance reports to NPCC, NERC and DOE as needed in response to events on our system.
- Work to represent System Operations in NPCC and NERC related compliance issues both internal to Con Edison and with external organizations such as NYISO, NPCC, NERC, FERC and other neighboring TO's, TOP's and reliability coordinators.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree And 3 years of relevant experience (2L) or 5 years of relevant experience (2H)
Required Work Experience
- Must have the following years of experience demonstrating a fundamental knowledge and understanding of power transmission, distribution and generation principles. Sr Specialist (2L): Must have at least 3 years experience; Project Specialist (2H): Must have at least 5 years experience. Required
- 2 years experience in one (or more) of the following areas: System Operations General, Electric Power Systems General, Electric Transmission Practices, Electric Engineering General is required. Required
- Strong organizational and administrative skills are essential, and the ability to adhere to schedules and meet deadlines. Required
- Must possess strong oral and written communication skills and be able to exercise independent judgment. Required
- Must demonstrate ability to learn and apply new topics. Required
- Must have strong computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Required
- Familiarity with North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC) Reliability Standards, preferred. Preferred
- Knowledge of the Con Edison electric service area transmission, distribution and power generating facilities, preferred. Preferred
- Experience in drafting technical procedures, business process documents or specifications for the electric power industry is preferred. Preferred
- Familiarity with electric energy commodity markets is preferred. Preferred
- Familiarity with SharePoint or other document management and archiving software a plus. Pref
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Other: NERC Certification - Transmission Operator within required time frame 1 Year Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- This position may require local and out-of-town travel and representation of the Company at regulatory meetings including NPCC and NERC meetings.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.