Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- The Section Manager of Indirect Professional Services is responsible for managing the team and procurement activities of the Indirect Professional Services team in Supply Chain. The Section Manager is responsible for sourcing of goods and services for Con Edison and Orange & Rockland to maintain and develop its operations, including information technology, energy efficiency, human resources, finance, facilities, and other corporate services. The selected candidate will provide strategic, commercial and administrative guidance for the procurement of goods and services managed by the Indirect Professional Services team and be responsible for the development of team members.
- Provides strategic and administrative guidance on the Company's efforts within their span of control.
- Additionally, the Section Manager is responsible for responding to inquiries from internal stakeholders and governmental agencies. Follows up on recommendations and implementation of solutions.
- Provides guidance in development of sourcing strategies and directs the preparation of bid invitations and other related purchasing documents, evaluates vendor proposals and bids and makes purchase recommendations and approves authorizations in accordance with the Delegation of Authority.
- Supervises the performance of commercial and economic evaluations of supplier bids and proposals.
- Develops personnel to achieve maximum efficiency and productivity by instructing, managing, counseling and initiating appropriate training. Reviews manpower requirements, establishes priorities and adjusts workload as required to utilize assigned employees.
- Must be available to perform off-hour emergency Supply Chain team leader functions, some of which may require working extended or non-traditional hours.
- Performs other related assignments as required by Senior Leadership.
- Bachelor's Degree And 8 - 10 years relevant work experience. 3 - 5 years experience managing people.
- Master's Degree Preferably in Supply Chain, Finance, Business, Economics, Engineering or related field And 6+ years relevant work experience 3-5 years managing people
- Bachelor's Degree Preferably in Supply Chain, Finance, Business, Economics, Engineering or related field And 8 - 10 years relevant work experience 3-5 years managing people
Required Work Experience
- Relevant work experience Required
- Experience managing people. Required
- Ability to plan and organize workloads as well as excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills. Required
- Proficient in the use of MS Office products. Required
- Knowledge of Oracle or similar Supply Chain management system. Required
- Data analysis Required
- Communication planning and delivery Required
- Understanding of compliance and quality management Required
- Experience in program and project management Pref
Skills & Ability
- Ability to lead/manage others
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Ability to build strong customer relationships
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Excellent collaboration and team building skills
- Instills commitment to organizational goals
- Ability to influence internal and/or external constituents
- Ability to simultaneously handle multiple priorities
- Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills
- Demonstrates a high commitment to quality
- Experience in a regulated environment
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, etc.
- Possesses strong technical aptitude
- Technical\Quickly troublseshoots and resolves problems
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must push, pull, lift up to 25 pounds
- Must sit or stand to answer a phone for entire shift
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
- Must be able to read small print and symbols.
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
- Must be able to perform off-hour emergency functions, some of which may require working extended or non-traditional hours, including weekends and holidays.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.