Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Oversees the technical development, production, and ongoing maintenance of internal and external websites and other electronic communications vehicles within Con Edison.
- The Webmaster works with the Section Manager, other Corporate Affairs managers, internal clients, and external vendors to prepare new sites or new sections on existing sites, to enhance existing sites' functionality by developing client-side and server-side interactive elements, and to manage multiple internal and external Web-related projects.
- Responsible for maintaining a working and communicative relationship with Information Resources on issues related to Web development. Responsibilities include participation in the development and maintenance of the corporate Internet and intranet websites.
- The Webmaster will administer websites, supervise and update site content, create graphics, and communicate business solutions in an effective, concise, and timely manner.
- Work with the Corporate Communications staff to design layouts for new sections on existing sites, create/design webpages and streaming media templates, and develop new page designs and redesigns of the existing site, site navigation, and integration with other Web-based applications.
- The Webmaster will address and resolve Web-related requests and troubleshoot technical problems as well as provide graphic and design support.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree And 4 years Experience in designing, developing, and maintaining websites Or
- Master's Degree And 2 years Experience in designing, developing, and maintaining websites
Required Work Experience
- Strong interpersonal, communication, written, and team-based skills Required
- Excellent project-management, scheduling, and presentation skills are essential Required
- Excellent detail orientation and follow-through skills are needed. Required
- Must demonstrate a high level of technical expertise with Dreamweaver, Adobe CS4/CS5, Photoshop, Flash, Illustrator, and SharePoint Designer, and substantial experience with management of active internet/intranet channels and database technologies. Required
- Strong working knowledge of HTML, XML, VB Script, CSS SharePoint, and JavavScript, and Web development languages such as ASP and ASP.Net are critical, as is the ability to coordinate with users in multiple departments, vendors, consultants, and technical support personnel. Required
- Candidate also must be familiar with desktop tools including Adobe Acrobat and various media players such as Windows Media Player, Quick Time, and Adobe Media Encoder. Required
- Must have a strong background with Microsoft Systems and familiarity with Microsoft Office tools. Required
- Must have experience managing content in Sitecore CMS. Required
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Required
- Must demonstrate a positive work ethic, personal accountability, and a commitment to excellence. Req
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.