Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- The Senior Designer will work with the Art Director, Creative Director and the web team to produce designs for web, digital, and print communications
- Responsible for interactive/responsive designs for internal and external websites through the production of infographics, illustrations, icons, logos, charts, graphs, maps, tables, e-blasts, e-newsletters, banner ads, and photography
- Interact with internal clients while managing multiple projects simultaneously, troubleshooting issues that arise with excellent attention to detail and a proactive commitment to follow through
- Produce simple motion graphics and gifs for use on web, e-mail blast, web banners, and digital screens
- High School Diploma/GED And 8 years Related experience Or
- Associate's Degree And 5 years Related experience Or
- Bachelor's Degree And 2 years Related experience
Required Work Experience
- Must demonstrate strong creative skills in distilling information and producing creative visual content for web, responsive design, print design and branding strategies, through the use of creative suite applications Required
- Experience in creating dynamic infographics, charts and tables in Adobe Illustrator, for use across digital media Required
- Experience retouching and manipulating photography and optimizing for web Required
- Experience in the production of Motion graphics for digital screens and gif animation for e-mail blast, web banners Required
- Should have a portfolio that demonstrates a creative and dynamic approach to design, and must have an expert command of current web and print and software Required
- Must have strong interpersonal and written communication skills, project management skills, and be a team player able to interface with multiple departments, clients, vendors, consultants and technical support personnel Required
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.