Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- The Procurement Specialist/Senior Procurement Specialist is the key interface between vendors and all internal customers within Con Edison and Orange & Rockland
- Enable corporate-wide cost savings and serve as the primary line of support for internal Operations for gas, steam, and electric and transmission and generating facilities
- Responsible for complex procurements and key supplier negotiations for material, services, and construction and maintenance of underground and overhead gas, steam and electric transmission facilities, electric and steam generating facilities, and associated corporate and environmental services that ensures high availability and quality at the lowest possible total cost to the company
- Achieving corporate cost-savings targets, strategic business objectives and supplier diversity and sustainability goals
- Works closely with business users, engineers, and EH&S to satisfy the pending requests
- Conducts complex procurements by utilizing the Procurement Operations sourcing processes and operating policies & procedures; including developing RFQs, Supplier Bid Evaluations, Negotiations, and Supplier Relationship Management
- Supports category management activities through providing supplier data, spend information, and any other relevant information to assist with the optimization and strategic sourcing of managed spend category
- Drive Total Cost of Ownership improvements to reduce costs
- Liaise with internal customers of respective purchasing categories to ensure minimal disruption to customer service due to Procurement process
- Manage customer expectations effectively and communicate with customer groups regarding procurement policies as these relate to customer notice provision, requests, etc.
- Identify Procurement process and technology improvement initiatives and work with Projects & Analytics function to develop initiative proposals and documentation for review
- Conduct need / requisition planning with internal customers
- Manage service delivery by: supporting transactional processes (e.g. invoice questions, etc.), auditing processes, training users, etc.
- Conduct procurements in accordance with existing contracts, and conduct ''spot buys'' as necessary
- Performs other relevant operational procurement assignments as discussed with management
- Associate's Degree 4 years procurement or work related experience. Procurement Specialist, 1H Or
- Bachelor's Degree 2 years work related experience. Procurement Specialist, 1H Or
- Bachelor's Degree 4 years procurement or work related experience. Sr. Procurement Specialist, 2L Or
- Master's Degree 2 years work related experience. Sr. Procurement Specialist, 2L
- Master's Degree And 2 years work related experience. Sr. Procurement Specialist, 2L
Required Work Experience
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Products. Req And
- Contract Management, Contract Creation, Sourcing Strategy, Spend Analysis, Market Intelligence, Negotiation, Supplier Analysi Req And
- Contract / Procurement Law Req And
- RFx Development and Execution Req And
- Supplier Analysis, Screening, and Selection Req And
- Understanding of spend analytics, market intelligence, financial analysis and regulation Req And
- Understanding of Supplier Relationship Management Required
- Knowledge of Oracle Pref And
- Understanding of Con Edison operational knowledge Pref And
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must push, pull, lift up to 25 pounds
- Must sit or stand to answer a phone for entire shift
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
- Must be able to read small print and symbols.
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Candidate must have a valid driver's license and be willing and able to travel within Company service territory and supplier locations, some of which may require overnight travel.
- Candidate must be available to perform off-hour emergency buyer functions, some of which may require working extended or non-traditional hours, including weekends and holidays.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.