Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Manage the FDA platform. Perform daily and weekly checks to ensure the system is functioning correctly. Coordinate and facilitate with IT and vendor to perform any troubleshooting and system updates. Lead and facilitate the design, development, and expansion of data analytics platform and data visualizations/dashboard reporting as part of the fraud risk management program.
- Design, develop and execute ad-hoc data analytics for focused review and transactional testing of fraud controls and/or risk areas identified by management.
- Contribute innovative and creative ideas to the development and implementation of anti-fraud program and controls using data analytics.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of the internal repository of fraud risk schemes, and design and develop appropriate data analysis to corresponding schemes.
- Guide Auditing team and other key business personnel on the interpretation, implications and use of analytic results. Prepare and deliver presentations that provide data analytics insights to relevant business areas, including departments where anomalies are identified.
- Regularly interact with key stakeholders to identify improvement opportunities and business challenges using data analytics.
- Act as the liaison with other data analytic business support teams across the company, technical architecture groups, IT, and/or external consultants to plan and coordinate joint data analytics efforts.
- Assist in the development of anti-fraud policies and procedures.
- Assist with planning and conducting periodic fraud risk assessments, utilizing data analytics to identify trends and select transactional testing samples.
- Work with other Auditing team members to incorporate fraud risks into annual audit plan development.
- Support fraud prevention and awareness training program and other relevant communications, which includes maintaining close interaction with other relevant departments.
- Update job knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging anti-fraud related leading practices and standards, participating in educational opportunities, maintaining professional networks, participating in professional organizations, etc.
- Learn and adapt new data analytical tools and technologies to drive business results.
- Train and build Auditing team members knowledge and use of data analytical tools and techniques.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree And Minimum of five years of relevant work experiences including at least three years of work experience in IT, Public Accounting, Internal Audit, risk management or advanced data analytics work.
- Bachelor's Degree preferably in Computer Science, Data Science, Information Management, Mathematics, Statistics, Accounting, Finance, or other quantitative, business or technical discipline And Minimum of five years of relevant work experiences including at least three years of work experience in IT, Public Accounting, Internal Audit, risk management or advanced data analytics work.
- Master's Degree preferably in Computer Science, Data Science, Information Management, Mathematics, Statistics, Accounting, Finance, or other quantitative, business or technical discipline. And Minimum of three years of relevant work experiences including at least two years of work experience in IT, Public Accounting, Internal Audit, risk management or advanced data analytics work.
Required Work Experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills, well organized, detail oriented. Required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Required
- Ability to accept challenges and use creative/critical thinking to analyze data and recommend solutions. Required
- High energy level, process orientation with proven ability to develop and implement innovative process improvement initiatives. Required
- Solid experience in relational database, complex data analytics, and high proficiency with data extraction /mining tools (data processing and analysis) using SAS, ACL, Tableau, SQL, R, Python, Splunk etc. Preferred
- Knowledge and experience in applying data analytics in internal controls, risk management, fraud detection and prevention, internal investigations. Preferred
- Strong data analytical skills with successful experience in obtaining, reviewing, and analyzing data to support fraud detection and/or fraud investigations. Preferred
- Familiarity and experience working with an Internal Audit, risk management or investigative team that uses fraud detection technologies and data analytics. Preferred
- Excellent project management skills, and demonstrated ability to handle multiple assignments and changing priorities, translating business needs into analytic projects and applying results. Pref
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Other: Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) certification Preferred
- Must sit or stand to answer a phone for entire shift
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
- Must stoop, bend, reach and kneel throughout the workday
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.