Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Selected candidates must be able to work in all outdoor weather conditions, do extensive driving, walking, climbing, standing, push/pull/lift 50-60 pounds unassisted, work on ladders and various elevations. The candidate is required to complete all career path training. The candidate will be able to work overtime, extended hours, various shifts, and respond to storm and emergency operational conditions on a 24/7 basis as required.
- Perform Pre and Post trip DOT inspections.
- Ensure safe and proper load securement of material and equipment for transport.
- Ensure accurate time reporting.
- Respond to system emergency conditions as required.
- Complete all career path and related training to the position.
- Ensure safe transport of company material and equipment following all city, state, and federal regulations.
- Maintain a CDL A license.
Required Work Experience
- CDL A license Required
- Metal Coil Endorsement "M" operating tractor trailers upon hire Req
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License CDL A Required
- Other: Metal Coil Endorsement Code M Upon Hire Required
- Must respond to system emergencies
- Must work at field locations in all weather conditions
- Must perform extended driving through heavy traffic and severe off-road conditions
- Must perform heavy manual labor; i.e. pushing, pulling, and lifting up to 50 pounds
- Must work in, under, and on top of all types of company vehicles/equipment
- Must work in inclement weather and adverse conditions (i.e., excessive heat, cold, noise, confined spaces)
- Must stand, walk, and climb ladder and stairs for a whole shift
- Must walk, stand, lift, climb, bend, kneel, stoop, and/or reach
- Must unload materials from delivery vehicles and deliver equipment and materials to various operating facilities
- Must travel to company locations to work on storm restoration and heat contingencies
- Must use eye-hand coordination to adjust controls on equipment
- Must wear all necessary personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including; fire retardant clothing and safety harness
- Must work rotating shifts, including nights, midnights, weekends, and holidays
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.