Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- At Con Edison we have and we all need to take special interest in our customers, both within the company and externally. As an employee, you need to commit to these ideals of developing a proactive, customer-centric culture to foster trust and confidence among customers and improve value for all our stakeholders.
- The Manager in the Customer Energy Consulting and Inspection section will identify, examine, and assess the energy savings of energy efficiency and demand management programs' projects and measures. Responsibilities include managing both technical staff and contractors responsible for the review of energy efficiency and demand management technologies suitable for participation in our programs. This position will serve as a technical resource to all the department's functional groups to creatively assess and develop technical solutions to meet business goals.
- Responsible to lead the Building Engineering and Inspections Group to review, analyze and assess technologies and strategies suitable for participation and/or future inclusion in our programs.
- Administer the technical reviews to assess project specific technologies and strategies for conformance with program requirements, NYS TRM Technical Reference Manual, applicable local codes and industry standards.
- Support the program management teams with the implementation of various technologies and codes and standards as they apply to programs.
- Establish and maintain effective daily communication with Section Manager, Program Implementation Managers and Business Development /Account Executives to relay technical guidance and analyses to ensure a feedback loop.
- Provide support to the business development team in promoting energy efficiency and demand management programs. Required to understand both the construction industry and business of the customer, the issues customers face and how energy relates to their business, specifically how such technologies and measures best serve these interests.
- Manage the procurement of contractors and the review and administration of contracts and budgets. Review and process Vendors invoices and accompanying support documentation required to process payments to ensure compliance with Corporate rules and procedures.
- Conduct review and assessment of vendor work product consistent with Company and departmental procedures and policies and industry standards.
- Represent the interests of the Company and the department to stakeholders, regulators, contractors, and other entities.
- Attend meetings with stakeholders and Department of Public Service Staff in a supporting role.
- May perform other special projects and related assignments as required to support operations and activities as directed by Director, Section Manager or Department Manager or NYS DPS.
- Assist in Company emergencies as required.
- Bachelor's Degree 3-5 years of work experience
- Master's Degree
- Engineering, Environmental Tech & Sustainability
- Bachelor's Degree Engineering, Environmental Tech & Sustainability
- Related work experience Engineering, Building Systems & Architecture
Required Work Experience
- Experience in project management, engineering projects and contract administration. Required
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, including technical writing and oral presentations. Required
- Must have strong analytical skills/experience. Required
- Strong interpersonal skills, must be a team oriented individual. Required
- Excellent time-management, organizational skills, detail oriented and flexible in handling multiple assignments and ambiguity while being able to meet deadlines. Required
- Demonstrated familiarity with primary energy consuming building systems, with particular emphasis on Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration (HVAC+R). Required
- Must be able to make sound decisions through the use of traditional and creative solutions while measuring the risks and impacts of his/her actions. Required
- Must demonstrate a high regard for personal accountability and focus on the importance of delivering advanced products and services to our customers in a dynamic environment. Required
- Must have strong computer skills. Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and other related database management tools. Required
- Supervisory experience. Preferred
- Knowledge of demand side management, response strategies, and various energy efficiency programs. Preferred
- Experience with building simulation and code compliance software. Preferred
- Experience managing inter-disciplinary teams. Preferred
- Experience with vendor contract procurement. Preferred
- Oracle proficiency. Pref
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.