Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- The Technical Associate will be an entry level Engineer with relevant education and experience, responsible for providing Engineering support to the department and the group's internal customers that is consistent with the organization's expectations. Performs assignments of basic and moderate complexity in engineering support, problem analysis, equipment performance trending and report development. Assists in causal analysis of equipment failures and provides customer support of asset and work management systems.
- Responsible for facilitating reliability teams that periodically meet and review electrical substation equipment performance and maintenance effectiveness. This includes development and maintenance of metrics, reports, and asset management plans and improvement recommendations.
- Responsible for facilitating the substation equipment corrective action program. Will conduct weekly screening calls to review system events/incidents and determine the investigation level. Provides training and guidance on the use of corrective action program and test letter applications. Assists with equipment failure analysis and facilitates monthly incident review meetings where failure analysis and proposed corrective actions are presented to leadership. Performs quality check of failure analyses and helps ensure adherence to due dates. Escalates issues as necessary to ensure adherence to program expectations.
- Maintains Failure Modes Effects and Criticality Analysis (FMECA) of substation equipment. Reviews equipment performance with respect to maintenance strategies and initiates changes to address issues.
- Conducts periodic review of work order documentation to ensure the integrity of the equipment maintenance history for tracking and trending purposes. Updates FMECA based on results of work order reviews.
- Assists with the implementation of technology projects focused on asset and work management systems and equipment condition monitoring. Provides training and support for these systems and technologies.
- Initiates and actively participates in Research and Development (R&D) projects to improve equipment reliability, environmental stewardship, safety, and operational excellence.
- Assists in preparation of operating, maintenance, and test procedures.
- Participates in preparation of budgets, appropriations, scoping documents, concept reviews, design field walks, cost reviews.
- Participates in field evaluation/analysis of field equipment or system misoperations, prepares failure analysis reports and other analyses as may be required.
- Perform monitoring and trending of equipment outages and failures and of equipment maintenance performance; as well as the preparation of monthly summaries of outage time and reliability KPI, and of reports on the root cause of problem reports. Understanding of specification, design, manufacture, operation and maintenance of major electrical equipment will be required to ascertain its thermal limiting element and failure mechanism.
- Respond to technical questions in a timely manner and monitor and evaluate operation and maintenance for reliability, safety, and efficiency. Candidates will interface with equipment manufacturers, industry standards and R&D organizations.
- Provides technical assistance as required.
- Performs necessary clerical functions of maintaining office files and drawings.
- May perform other related assignments as required to support departmental needs.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering And 1 year work experience (may includes co-op or internship work experience).
Required Work Experience
- Proficient in the use of MS Office products .
- Must be able to create database queries and perform data analysis using computer coding and open source analytical tools.
- Must also have a demonstrated ability to accept challenges.
- Must exercise good judgment and render sound decisions.
- Must demonstrate a positive work ethic in support of the Company's Corporate Values and Mission.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be well organized, detail orientated and flexible to handle multiple assignments.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills to effectively interact with Company employees. Req
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- -Must have a valid driver license and be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, and to other utilities, as needed.
- -Must be willing and able to use a personal car for Company business as needed
- -Must be willing and able to travel to substations and generating plants when system events require site visits.
- -Must be willing and able to wear the required PPE for those visits and other system emergencies
- -Must be willing and able to walk extensively and climb as needed.
- -Must be willing and able to work in all weather conditions.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.