Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- The Sr. Analyst will be required to analyze and trend both financial & operational energy market data, and perform billing functions related to the Commodities (electric & gas) Procurement & Scheduling Section and the Steam Business Unit. The Analyst will perform functions related to processing hedging, electricity supply, and gas supply transactions under the guidance of the Section Manager and Manager. Commodity Billing & Analysis provides back office services to the Commodity Operations Departments in accordance with established guidelines and procedures. Commodity Billing & Analysis is also responsible for the accurate reporting of electric & gas market accounting activities to Corporate Accounting.
- The following is a list of functional objectives:
- Perform data analysis, invoice processing, and accounting for activities in the Energy Commodity Procurement and Scheduling groups,
- Interact with New York Independent System Operator (NYISO), Pennsylvania Jersey Maryland (PJM) , and Independent System Operator- New England (ISO-NE) to analyze ISO-administered electric market data related to CECONY and O&R supply portfolios and process associated ISO billings
- Periodically file regulatory reports with various governmental agencies
- Respond to Internal and External audit inquiries
- Develop/update process guidelines for existing and/or new work flow processes
- Transact in the New York Independent System Operator (NYISO), Pennsylvania-New Jersey-Maryland (PJM) ISO, or New England ISO markets.
- Perform the required collection and analysis of operational, tariff, and contract data to efficiently calculate and verify all invoicing that arises from activities that the Commodities Procurement and Scheduling Section initiates in the natural gas markets and in the NYISO & PJM administered electric markets.
- Ensure that all billing is processed accurately and timely and billing disputes are resolved with appropriate management intervention.
- Trend daily, weekly, monthly and annual data associated with commodity purchases and sales. This includes collecting and maintaining necessary operational, billing, and accounting data, developing associated queries for data analysis, and initiating and preparing trending reports for review by mid-level and Senior Management.
- Assist in true-up analysis to report accrual variances and month-to-month variances.
- Monitor activities of the natural gas and electricity markets, maintain awareness and knowledge of business changes or developments, and apply to existing billing processes as appropriate.
- Develop monthly, quarterly and annual financial and operational reports as needed. Assist in preparing expert testimony and supporting documentation for regulatory proceedings
- Assist in preparing spreadsheets, presentations, reports, and exhibits as required for Section and/or Departmental needs. Respond to various ad hoc data requests
- Assist in preparing expert testimony and supporting exhibits as required for various regulatory proceedings
- Assist in organizing and maintaining full and complete records of all activities for auditing purposes.
- Attend internal/external meetings as required. Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Con Edison takes special interest in its customers, both within the company and externally. Energy Management employees are expected to commit to the ideals of developing a proactive, customer-centric culture to foster trust and confidence among customers and improve value for all our stakeholders
- Ensure implementation of Company safety, health and environmental programs for employees whose work is directed. Ensure that safe work practices are followed and the environment is fully protected in accordance with Company policy and governmental regulations.
- Perform other related task and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Business, Computer Science, Economics, Engineering, Finance, Management, Mathematics, Statistics, or equivalent is required.
- Master's Degree in Accounting, Business, Computer Science, Economics, Engineering, Finance, Management, Mathematics, Statistics, or equivalent is preferred
Required Work Experience
- Minimum of four years of utility experience or related energy industry experience required Required
- Work experience should include at least four of the following items:
- Financial, technical, and/or statistical trending and analysis
- ISO-administered energy and capacity markets (NYISO, PJM, ISO-NE)
- Utility accounting systems and methods
- Energy Policy and/or Regulatory matters
- Contract administration (ISDA, EEI, NAESB)
- Knowledge of the natural gas and or electricity markets
- Knowledge of periodic reporting with one or more regulatory agencies
- Experience dealing with Internal and/or External auditors
- Must have strong computer skills including Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, and Power Point), and the ability to summarize and interpret data
- Must be self-starter and detail oriented
- Must possess strong leadership skills and be proactive in influencing and persuading others to improve work practices and processes
- Must promote a team spirit and strive for a work environment in support of Con Edison's Corporate Values.
Skills & Ability
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data
- Excellent collaboration and team building skills
- Ability to work within tight timeframes and meet strict deadlines
- Demonstrates a high commitment to quality
- Well organized, detail oriented and flexible to handle multiple assignments
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, etc.
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must sit or stand to answer a phone for entire shift
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
- Must have excellent manual dexterity and be able to use hands for entire shift
- Must stand to use operate office equipment for entire shift
- Must be able to read small print and symbols.
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, and out of town business meetings, as needed.
- Must be available to work additional hours as required, beyond normal business hours.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.