Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Ensure high productivity and high technical quality in the respective assignments.
- Build on an education or interest in computer technology to cultivate skills in computer programing, relational databases, operator display support and scripting in Windows and Linux.
- Help coordinate the activities of software vendors and service contractors.
- Enforce the change management process to comply with regulatory and departmental procedures, guidelines, and processes while integrating important updates to protection from cyber vulnerabilities.
- Develop an intimate knowledge of the tools for building and maintaining SCADA databases and displays.
- Bachelor's Degree And at least one year of full-time or internship experience (or at least six months of cooperative or summer internships in Con Edison)
Required Work Experience
- Willingness to take on new and unfamiliar project assignments based on changing needs. Required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Required
- Must demonstrate a high energy level, understand the vital importance of Commitment to Excellence, and possess a high regard for Con Edison's Corporate Values and Mission. Required
- Must possess strong computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite. Required
- Demonstrated knowledge of SCADA system displays and interest in how an Energy Management System (EMS) works. Required
- Demonstrated computer programing experience within a customer focused project. Required
- Must be well organized, detail oriented, flexible to handle multiple assignments, and meet deadlines. Req
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.