Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Perform safety talks, OJT's and ensures that safe work practices are followed and environmental considerations in accordance with Company policy and governmental regulations are included in engineering designs.
- Supervise designers on studies done either manually or using PVL on distribution feeders and associated equipment.
- Provide engineering design recommendations on the distribution system for load relief and reliability purposes.
- Review and sign off on distribution layouts, B&A's and feeder sequences. Ensure all designs are in compliance with applicable engineering specifications and procedures.
- Direct preparation of appropriations for project funding.
- Reviews progress of various projects to ensure their completion is within the required timeframe and within budget.
- Establish feeder ratings and evaluates new business projects for their impact on distribution equipment.
- Conduct root cause analysis of outages and review work routines/processes to identify improvement opportunities, and where appropriate develop and implement corrective measures.
- Direct and track the activities required to update all distribution maps including M&S plates, C&DO plates, and feeder prints within the required deadlines.
- Supervise, direct and coordinate the activities of the department's Field Engineering personnel in the inspection of underground facilities.
- Ensures Field Engineering reports work in a safe and efficient manner and in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Provide off hour and weekend support in the event of storms, system contingencies or customer outages.
- Monitor and provide engineering analysis for the network and non-network system during ICS events.
- Represent the company at meetings with customers, contractors, governmental officials, consulting engineers, lawyers and other company personnel regarding the electric distribution system.
- Performs other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree And 3 years' experience with engineering relate topics
- Bachelor's Degree Engineering or Technology
Required Work Experience
- Must have at least (3) years' experience with engineerig related projects. Required
- Must be detail oriented and have excellent organizational, analytical and technical skills. Required
- Must possess strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to diplomatically interact with internal and external customers, support staff and various leveles of management. Required
- Must possess working knowledge of computer systems, including Logica applications (Work Manager and Asset Manager), MS Office products and Telemetry applications (RMS, XA21, Load Aggregator and AMI). Required
- Must have an understanding of Electric Operations specifications and procedures, engineering layouts, feeder prints, M&S and C&DO plates. Required
- Should also have an understanding of Electric Operation Specifications, Engineering Orders, layouts, M&S and C&DO plates. Required
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers. Required
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed. Req
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
- Must work with and in the vicinity of high voltage and/or other high-energy systems.
- Must wear all necessary personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including; fire retardant clothing and safety harness.
- Must climb in and out of manholes and excavations.
- Must work in inclement weather and adverse conditions (i.e., excessive heat, cold, noise, confined spaces).
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.