Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Will be the primary contact/liaison with all members of Corporate Security experiencing issues with any Corporate Security Network Platform / System. This will include troubleshooting the issue and following up with the Help Desk and/or IT as needed to resolve the issue.
- Assist in deploying various security applications including installing, configuring, provisioning, and testing of hardware components, software, and firmware.
- Provide support on all IT systems within corporate security. Work with IT and approved vendors to coordinate annual maintenance/system optimization for all IT systems within corporate security.
- Assist with vendor installations of security equipment being joined to the corporate network.
- Troubleshoots and resolves client issues. Works collaboratively with other departments to achieve all project goals.
- Must take scheduled on call duty and/or participate in off-hour emergency response activities as required.
- Plans for the physical installation, commissioning, and maintenance of all types of physical security application devices.
- Will be responsible for the CCTV equipment firmware upgrade program.
- Will maintain the Department NVR/Camera list containing pertinent information of all equipment including username, password, MAC addresses, and IP addresses.
- Complete an annual review with door owners (within ProWatch) of access lists to their respective doors verifying it is up to date and accurate.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Associate's Degree Preferably in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Business Administration, or related field And a minimum of four (4) years of related work experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Business Administration or related field a plus And a minimum of three (3) years of related work experience.
Required Work Experience
- 3 years experience working within the ConEd Corporate Network environment Required
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel Required
- Familiarity with Corporate Security Network Platforms Required
- Familiarity with Microsoft Project Required
- Strong written and oral communication skills Required
- Knowledge of Structured Query Language (SQL) such as Oracle PL/SQL or Microsoft T-SQL Pref
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be available 24/7, on call, and/or participate in off-hour emergency response activities as required.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.