Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- The Compliance Management Operations Section of the Business Ethics & Compliance Organization is responsible for developing and implementing processes to assist the regulated businesses of CEI comply with regulatory requirements. The Project Manager is responsible for the implementation of the compliance framework model across regulated CEI Companies. Ensure and monitor consistency in existing program methodologies and consistently evaluate the effectiveness of current initiatives. The project manager will engage with organizations to ensure that the inventory of applicable regulations is accounted for, embedded in activities, executed, and the status of compliance is documented and evident. The Project Manager will assist the organizations and/or provide templates for assessment methods, control development, and suitable documentation. The Project Manager will represent the Compliance Management team in compliance and procedure development committees. The Project Manager will help develop and contribute to Key Performance Indicators that will assist Compliance Management to define and measure progress toward organizational goals.
- Develop a proactive, customer-centric and stakeholder-centric culture to foster trust and confidence among customers and improve value for all our stakeholders.
- Development and implementation of compliance programs across Business Units.
- Participate in the formulation of short, mid and long-term plans for Compliance Management Operations regarding the engagement and process implementation with the regulated businesses of CEI.
- Primary communication point between Con Edison Compliance Management and Business Unit leaders of Compliance Programs. Use of communications technique analysis and methods to engage organizations successfully.
- Identify and evaluate opportunities to improve processes and/or policies and provide recommendations to improve processes.
- Interfaces and collaborate with Company groups that presently have responsibilities for compliance verification and document retention. By working with applicable groups, incorporate or manage changes necessary to ensure enterprise technology solution will promote best practices and verbatim compliance as applicable.
- Develops. prepares and issues internal Company reports that measure Company operating organization compliance performance and provide feedback to senior management for areas for improvement.
- Lead by example and set environment that supports our Company's cultural imperatives; Openness, Fairness and
- Trust, Customer/external Stakeholder relationships, Cost Consciousness
- Work with the Technology section of Compliance Management to develop and implement processes that institute the management of documentation and compliance with regulations.
- Participate in developing the approach and continued assurance that the regulated businesses are managing the following: all applicable regulatory requirements are known, controls or internal processes are in place to ensure regulations are embedded in organization's functions, regulations are complied with, suitable documentation and evidence is captured.
- Develops. prepares and issues internal Company reports that measure Company operating organization compliance performance and provide feedback to senior management of areas for improvement.
- Maintain metrics, records and procedures relevant to compliance performance program.
- Represent Compliance Management in compliance committees, procedure development committees and training reviews.
- Development and championing of compliance program improvement initiatives and advocating the Compliance Framework principles.
- Participate in the departments development and training activities including working with The Learning Center staff, Engineering and the operating organizations in the development of training programs.
- Commitment to the Way We Work Principles, and adherence to the Company's Standards of Business Conduct and other Company procedures including Environmental, Health and Safety ("EH&S"), Equal Employment Opportunity ("EEO"), discipline, and security.
- Bachelor's Degree Engineering, Business or related discipline And A minimum of 8 years experience including 3 years of project management Or
- Juris Doctorate And A minimum of 6 years experience including 2 years of project management Or
- Master's Degree Related discipline And A minimum of 6 years experience including 2 years of project management
Required Work Experience
- 5 years experience working in the utility industry. Gas or Electric preferred Required
- A proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment Required
- In depth understanding of Compliance &/or related fields Required
- Strong leadership skills required Required
- Experience in leading and facilitating meetings and workshops Required
- Prior experience supervising staff Required
- Excellent leadership, communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills Required
- Works well independently and as part of a team Required
- Experience in Project Management such as work planning, status reporting, issue / risk management Required
- Prior experience with change management efforts or projects Required
- Experience in at least 2 of the 4 following areas:
- o Experience in a supervisory role, responsible for day-to-day operations.
- o Experience in quality management, quality assurance quality control and process controls.
- o Experience in regulatory compliance management.
- o Experience in creating/implementing training programs Required
- Prior experience with large projects Preferred
- Strong proficiency in using Microsoft Office products (e.g. Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Visio, Project) Preferred
- High energy level, process orientation with proven ability to develop and implement innovative process improvement initiatives. Self-motivator, highly energetic looks beyond obstacles and constantly strives for excellence Pref
Skills & Ability
- Effective leadership skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, etc.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Builds and manages effective teams
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Project Demonstrated project management skills
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed and for industry seminars or events.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.