Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- At Con Edison we all need to take special interest in our customers, both within the company and externally. As an employee, you need to commit to these ideals of developing a proactive, customer-centric culture to foster trust and confidence among customers and improve value for all our stakeholders.
- Oversee all operational aspects of developing and evolving Non-Pipeline Solution initiatives. Collaborate with strategy and operational Non-Pipeline Alternatives NPA counterparts to develop, monitor, analyze, and report on program performance, while meeting objectives of each NPA.
- Oversee various aspect of program portfolio implementation, which includes but not limited to, collaborations with existing programs, measurement and verification, data tracking systems, and engineering groups. Work to successfully develop and deliver on targeted goals. Establish, formalize, and operationalize rules and requirements needed cross-departmentally, to oversee the implementation of NPAs.
- Manage employees and/or contractors and facilitate ongoing development and training of these resources.
- Develop collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders to maximize benefits to the Company. Internal.
- stakeholder may include, existing EE Programs and Portfolio Planning & Analysis. External stakeholders may include the New York Public Service Commission, New York Research and Development Authority, and other New York Utilities.
- Oversee the growth of the program(s) through such activities as marketing, training, and communications with customers and market partners and the development of innovative program design solutions.
- Oversee the growth of Non-Pipeline Solutions initiatives through activities such as training, communications with key customers and market partners, and meeting with key stakeholders to build support for gas demand management initiatives.
- Manage software used to administer and operate the programs and oversee data management and quality control.
- Ensure exceptional customer service.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree BA/BS Engineering, Mathematics, Science, Energy Management, Business/Economics, or Related
- MBA Or GTI, AEE CEM AEE CEM certification is strongly suggested.
- Master's Degree Engineering, Mathematics, Science, Energy Management, or Business/Economics
Required Work Experience
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in leadership/management roles Required
- Experience in the natural gas industry with specific knowledge related to gas resource planning, gas supply procurement, renewable heating equipment, and other energy consuming systems common to residential and commercial buildings. Required
- Sound logic and analytical skills Required
- Demonstrated planning and organizational skills, and the ability to see the big picture as well as attention to detail Required
- Ability to make decisions in real-time, under pressure Required
- Flexibility to deal with ambiguity and comfortable working in a dynamic environment Required
- Experience with demand-side management programs and measures, from a utility or participating vendor perspective. Required
- Strong written and oral communications skills, including ability to interact with customers to market energy efficiency solutions and to brief higher management and external stakeholders on program status and achievements. Required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) Required
- Work experience in energy efficiency, demand management, demand response or other competitive, market driven utility programs, including project and process management experience Preferred
- Experience managing relationships with partners and contractors Pref
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.