Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- The prime functions of the Section Manager in the Cost of Service area are to: supervise the development of embedded and marginal cost of service studies in support of the Company's rate structures. The position is required to ensure that Con Edison, Orange and Rockland and RECO (''companies'') rates are cost based and promote fair and equitable cost recovery from our customers. The Section Manager will direct the preparation of technical analyses in support of the Company's electric, gas and steam embedded and marginal cost of service studies; supervise the preparation of testimony, exhibits and work papers for regulatory proceedings; testify as an expert witness in regulatory proceedings; interpret rules and provisions related to rates and tariffs; and supervise and develop other employees in the Cost of Service area.
- Direct the development of embedded and marginal cost of service studies, including determining unbundled cost components for competitive services in the Cost of Service group in the Rate Engineering Department.
- Research other utilities embedded and marginal cost of service studies and related methodologies.
- Direct the preparation of allocated cost of service studies used in the development of standby rates.
- Interpret regulatory commission orders and determine their impact on the companies various embedded cost allocation and marginal cost studies.
- Supervise the preparation of testimony, exhibits and workpapers for use in regulatory proceedings. Testify as a subject matter expert in regulatory proceedings.
- Analyze testimony and exhibits of other parties and direct the preparation of rebuttal testimony; and assist in cross-examination of opposition witnesses in regulatory proceedings.
- Interact, communicate and exchange information with personnel from the companies other departments and other utilities in the conduct of job responsibilities.
- Represent the companies at meetings with regulatory agencies and other outside organizations with regard to the Company's various embedded, marginal and allocated cost studies.
- Interpret, and answer inquiries, both internal and external, concerning the companies electric, gas and steam embedded, marginal and allocated cost studies.
- Design, modify and use computer systems, (e.g. personal computer applications and mainframe systems) that provide data analyses which support the computation of the Company's various cost studies and all other responsibilities of this position; maintain well organized files and accurate records, including maintaining back-up for computer files and safeguarding computer facilities, reports, and workpapers.
- Facilitate the training of staff to develop the skills required in the preparation of work assignments and establish the section's work assignments.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree Related Disciplines And 8 years of work experience with a minimum of 5 years experience in utility rate matters
Required Work Experience
- Must demonstrate leadership experience. Required
- Must possess a strong attention to detail and the ability to meet deadlines on deliverables requiring a high degree of accuracy. Required
- Must possess excellent computer skills with extensive knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Power Point; experience with MS Access a plus. Required
- Must possess strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills. Required
- Must have the ability to effectively interact with customers (both internal and external to the Company), support staff, various levels of management and regulatory agencies. Required
- Must possess excellent mathematical, decision-making, analytical and problem-solving skills. Required
- Experience with preparing embedded and/or marginal cost studies. Preferred
- Experience with preparation and filing of rate cases. Preferred
- Must be able to transfer knowledge and train staff. Preferred
- Experience with and understanding of the Company's AMI system and financials systems a plus. Pref
Skills & Ability
- Excellent interpretation of complex statistical data And
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Technical\Quickly troublseshoots and resolves problems
- Well organized, detail oriented and flexible to handle multiple assignments
- Ability to work within tight timeframes and meet strict deadlines
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, etc.
- Proficient in English written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrates a high commitment to quality
- Ability to simultaneously handle multiple priorities
- Demonstrates excellent judgment and decision making skills
- Possesses flexibility to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must sit or stand to answer a phone for entire shift
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
- Must have excellent manual dexterity and be able to use hands for entire shift
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within O&R and CECONY service territory, as needed.
- Must be available 24/7, and available to be on call and/or participate in off-hour emergency response activities as required.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.